or Connect

Posts by yogabug

I have a 5 year old son and an 8 year old daughter. We do eat dairy. I am really starting to worry about their nutrition, especially with my 5 year old. The only protein he eats is cheese, milk and peanut butter. He won't eat beans, eggs, legumes, tofu or any of the veggie "meat" products. He doesn't eat any cooked vegetable except corn. As for cold veggies, he only eats cucumbers or carrots with ranch and salad. The things he does eat are healthy but it is very limited....
This is so good. I make it all the time.  It is really easy with the precooked beets from Trader  Joes. www.nytimes.com/2009/03/27/health/nutrition/27recipehealth.html
Thank you so much for the replies. It will be interesting to see what my thyroid levels are. I only take a regular vitamin - will check magnesium levels. I really hope to figure this out. I hate being so exhausted all the time. It was easy to ignore when the kids were smaller. Now it is definitely not normal. My diet is vegetarian and not low carb at all. Trying to cut down on salt too. Thanks again.
I'm having all new blood work done next week. Last time it all came back normal except for low vitamin d.
Does anyone have any insight as to why I could have high bp? I am normal weight, vegetarian, no family history and 39 yrs old. It has been high for almost a year-now at 180/103 so my dr is putting me on meds. I just can't get my mind around being on meds for the rest of my life for this. I have tried yoga and meditation, though not as regularly as I should. (2 kids) I feel my heart racing and am also extremely tired in the afternoons. This isn't due to lack of sleep. I...
My son recently started attending a brand new Montessori school. He is a spirited, stubborn 4 year old who loves to learn but can also be a challenge. My concern is with the way his school is handling his behavior which is basically by calling me to pick him up and now indicating to me that I need to pick him up early. In my opinion the things he is doing are not out of the ordinary for a 4 year old. For example, yesterday he would not clean up his lunch area. This has...
Another vote for the Morningstar farms original grillers. Only the original ones though. The kids like them too.
Another awesome sandwich with Brie -bosc pears, dijon mustard on a crusty bread. These are absolutely amazing!
My kids loved Mary Poppins too. A great family film. We also like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The older movies seem just more wholesome imho.
Does anyone know where I can find a table manners poster to print. I found a really nice one here http://mabelsmanners.com/ but it is $25!! I love the vintage artwork though. I know I could make one but I wanted something a little cuter since it will be hanging in my kitchen. I tried to find clipart or pics I could copy into my own list but I had a hard time finding what I was looking for. Thanks for any input.