or Connect

Posts by Jodibug

Do any exist?
I have an oportunity to expose unvaccinated 2yo DS to chicken pox(well shingles, but as I understand it they are the same virus). Is he too young(do you have any resources you could share)? I'd like him to get immunity from the disease rather than the vaccine, but with most kids being vaccinated I don't know when this opportunity will present itself again. And if he hasn't had CP at some point before 8 or so I think I'd go ahead and get the vax b/c I know CP can become...
I have an oportunity to expose unvaccinated 2yo DS to chicken pox(well shingles, but as I understand it they are the same virus). Is he too young(do you have any resources you could share)? I'd like him to get immunity from the disease rather than the vaccine, but with most kids being vaccinated I don't know when this opportunity will present itself again. And if he hasn't had CP at some point before 8 or so I think I'd go ahead and get the vax b/c I know CP can become...
We have our bed still in the frame but not raised up so it is on the floor.  We still have our box spring under the mattress so it's not super low to the ground.  We took the mattress from the crib that has never been used and put it beside our bed.  Originally we kept the bed raised and put a guardrail on my side, but DS rolled off one night and that scared the mess out of us so since then we've lowered the bed.  DS was so wiggly that he found his way around the...
Has anyone tried their CSA box?  I live in Elizabeth City, NC but my husband works in Norfolk and could pick up each week.  I'm curious how the selection and quality of produce in the CSA is.  Thanks for any input.
This is the 3rd week for my LO and 2nd week for me having cold/sinus symptoms.  Things start like a sinus infection and then go to a dry cough and then a wet cough with chest congestion.  I don't want to take to to the Dr and expose him to more serious sicknesses but if he has an infection I guess he needs some antibiotics.  I'm just curious if anyone else has had these symptoms and what it might be.  Thanks for any insight.
I think Garner is about 3 hours away, but I'd be interested in getting her information from you.  If she were not willing to travel that far perhaps she could put me in touch with someone else who is.  Thanks so much.
Woo hoo, someone else in EC! Do you already have another LO or is this your first?
I am not currently pregnant, but planning to TTC in the coming months. I am currently weaning off of domperidone, which I used to increase my low supply due to breast reduction, and as soon as my fertility returns we will start. It may take a while as I am still nursing. I just like to be prepared!
Hello! Well that's kinda close and more of a response than I got last time! Do you have a selective vax and AP friendly ped. at the beach? What about any alternatives to hospital births? I'd like to have a homebirth next time but from what I have read that is kinda hard to do in North Carolina b/c the midwife has to be affiliated with a dr. and hospital and there is no one like that in this area.