or Connect

Posts by AmandaMom

Dawn - I'm so happy for you! Congrats! AmandaHope - I'm glad to hear DD got better so quickly. She must have a great immune system. Congrats on your niece being born! I agree Cora is a great name. I hope you get to meet her soon. Max - I hope you get your insurance straightened out in no time so you can get rid of that polyp and get back to TTC. In the meantime, take care of yourself and DP. Library - I can't wait to see your new bump pictures! Thanks for...
I'll do personals later, but I wanted to stop by and say my IUI this morning went well. I watched a few episodes of Friends for "laugh therapy" as I like to call it, and I had my first pineapple banana smoothie for the TWW. Can I be moved to waiting to know?
I agree you should join us on Queer Conceptions! How are you tracking ovulation? How many inseminations are you doing each cycle, and how do you time them? I know it doesn't feel like it, but three tries isn't that many. I've read it takes on average 4 to 6 tries. It's easy to get discouraged, but I'm sure it won't be long before you guys are pregnant. Good luck and baby dust
Escher - Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried the smiley-face OPK's, and they are so much easier to use, but they're just so wasteful. I can't justify throwing away all that plastic every month, so I only use them if my internet cheapie is being particularly ambiguous. Oh, and yippee for doubling beta numbers!!! I just know this one is going to stick! Isa - That looks like an implantation dip to me! You asked about a documentary covering implantation and pregnancy;...
qmama - Fingers crossed this is it for you! Brite - I'm still holding out hope for you guys. It ain't over until AF shows! Maybe you just have a late implanter. Library - I love your invention idea for the different digital pregnancy tests based on whether or not you're trying to have a baby. That "not pregnant" can be so brutal! Good news on the washer front: it's fixed! And only for $220! Ugh. The nice thing is that it's so much quieter than it has ever been. I'm...
MrsPP - Crossposted! Your cervix-finding adventure was funny. I've had the same problem finding my own with a speculum. It takes some practice. I'm still not very good at it, so I just go by feel. Good luck! Brite - Oooooh, no news is good news!!! I think most of us on this board would recommend a FRER (First Response Early Result) pregnancy test. It's easy to read; if you get any kind of a second line during the first ten minutes, no matter how light, you are...
Max - Sending many hugs your way. Try to stay strong, though I know how hard it must be. Kelly - Thanks for answering my question about cost... I would much rather pay your prices for the ultrasounds! That wouldn't really break the bank. I think one of the reasons my doc charges so much is because he can. He's one of only two RE's in a 2-hour radius. We have to drive 45 minutes to get to the office, and we met another couple who drove twice as far. I will suck it up...
Hi desertsunsets My wife and I moved from Phoenix to NC two years ago. We found some lesbian lawyers online (Rainbow Law) and had tons of paperwork drawn up to protect each of us and our future child. We searched high and low last year for a sperm bank in Arizona because we have a really good friend there willing to be a donor, but there just aren't any in the area. Be sure to join us on the Queer Conceptions thread! I've never found a more supportive, knowledgeable...
cnmk - I'm so glad you found us! max - Sorry to hear about the polyp. I'm sure it will be a quick fix, and you'll be back on track for your IVF cycle. Those are the vibes I'm sending your way. Liberry - I just heard from the appliance repair people, and they should be here tomorrow to replace yet another part. Thankfully, Maytag is paying for the parts, but we've already dished out $175 in labor, and tomorrow will be another $45-60. Maybe we should have just bought a...
Isa - Thanks for sharing that recipe; I can't wait to try to make my own vegan risotto. How much grain do you use? One cup? Library - I'm sorry you've had to resort to using the laundromat because of your broken washer. It's not bad if you can use several washers at once. I haven't done laundry in almost a week now, and it's really piling up. I'm crossing my fingers we'll be able to get that piece of crap fixed by tomorrow or Tuesday, otherwise it's back to the...