or Connect

Posts by AmandaMom

Escher!!!   Go team Amanda!!!
Isa - I'd like your risotto recipe too! And I can't believe you get pineapples for a dollar. I pay five bucks for those things! From the looks of your chart, your timing seems spot on. Fingers crossed for you! Kelly - I agree your progesterone test last winter shows you did in fact ovulate, no matter how many DPO your test was taken. I think that is one less thing for you to worry about. qmama - I hope this board brings you lots of luck this cycle! Escher - I do...
I know you can offer extra vials on the Donor Sibling Registry, but I'm not sure if you have to pay to join or not. You may want to post this question over in Queer Parenting, as most of us there are using sperm banks to conceive.
I ovulate anywhere from CD18 - CD25 and have a 13-day LP.

Kelly - A progesterone test this cycle to see if you ovulated sounds like a good idea to me. Carmen - Yippee for KD definitely being on board for #2! Seraf - Your brother yelling "Stork's here!" made me smile. I'm glad you didn't have to explain it to that 10 year old. I'm with everyone else, go ahead and bring the tank just in case. Lise - Just to clarify, I said three insems ALMOST guarantees a pregnancy... According to Brill, anyway. To be honest, I've never tried...
Library - Unfortunately our washing machine saga did not go any better than yours. Tim the repairman replace the two parts we knew needed replaced, but we are still getting an error. He's coming back to replace the pump tomorrow, but Sue and I are not sure that will fix it. I tested the pump's electrical resistance with my multimeter, and it checked out okay. We found some broken wires and repaired them, but it's still not working. Sue's in there doing more diagnostics...
Library - I hope your washer repairman fixes that thing quickly and without charging you a fortune! Our repairman should be here in the next couple of hours. Sue took the washer apart last night, because that's the kind of gal she is. We were right, it's exactly the same problem we had last year. Plus she found a quarter in the filter thingy. I'm looking forward to the expression on the repairman's face when he comes in and sees our washer in pieces. Kelly - Welcome! It...
I'm glad someone asked this question! DW was wondering the same thing. We live in NC, so our marriage is not recognized, but she is claiming me as a dependent because I didn't work at all last year. Can she still deduct our sperm/RE expenses even though I'm the one with the "infertility"?
Karma - We wanted a redhead donor too! I'm a redhead, but DP has dark eyes and hair. We both just love the idea of having a little ginger baby! However, we couldn't find a redhead donor we liked and went with a blond with Irish and Scottish in his background. We've got one vial of his left, and I just found out TSBC has two new redheads, so we'll switch if this try doesn't work. Supposedly, if both bio parents have red hair, you're guaranteed to get a redhead. You would...