or Connect

Posts by AmandaMom

escher - Kale chips are super yummy! MrsPP - Maybe stress, or a change in diet or exercise is messing with your cycle? I've also heard of women spotting around ovulation time, but that doesn't explain your strange AF. I charted for over a year before our first IUI, and I consistently had a 13-day luteal phase. The first cycle we TTC I had a 10-day LP. I chalked it up to stress. We bought a head lamp and speculum on Amazon, but have yet to do an insemination at home. Good...
Amy - So glad to hear from you, and you're pregnant! I know I'm late, but congratulations! Twelve weeks is an excellent milestone. I wish you the happiest, healthiest pregnancy and delivery. escher - I'm going with implantation dip, so your HPT should be positive in a day or two. Yep, we're still using TSBC. We bought 6 vials of the same donor, and we have 2 left. Maybe I will try using two vials this cycle. AmandaHope - I love the name Joshua for a boy. When the time...
starling - Congrats on your transfer. Remember to laugh a lot the next few days! That was quite a nightmare you had! I was actually detained at the Detroit/Windsor border for possession. It's kind of a long story... We started by getting a rental car in Michigan. The rental car company wanted to give us a gas guzzler, but we wanted something a little more fuel efficient. They just got one of their smaller cars back and cleaned it for us in a hurry. What we didn't know was...
mami2mami - Isn't it amazing what you can learn by charting? I've always had long, irregular cycles, and when I learned how to detect ovulation and discovered my luteal phase (LP) was consistently 13 days, I was amazed. Once I detected ovulation, I knew exactly when I would start my period instead of being surprised every time. I wish you both the best of luck! Wishin'&hopin' - Congrats! Stick, stick, stick!!! escher - I think a pregnancy dream is a good sign, and...
Isa - You would be surprised at how many people I saw climb all the way up there only to refuse to bend over backwards. One woman made an honest attempt, but when she was mere inches from the stone, she started yelling at the guy to "pull me back up! Pull me up!!" Fingers crossed for you! I could really use an indoor water park at this point. Enjoy yourself! Library - Ooooh, I like the magic OPK's. I have a pregnancy test someone from the "TTC #1 in our 30's" thread...
escher - Okay, what's up with the magic OPK, and where do I get one? Starling - Fingers crossed tight for your embryos! 007 - DW and I are hoping to go with Mom and Mama as well, but I kind of like how your kids call you both Mom. MrsPP - Thanks for watching my honeymoon video! We used an HD Sony camera bought specifically for the trip. My woman is the one with the amazing video editing skills. She's amazing in many ways. I'm so jealous of your 3-month trip around...
Good afternoon, queer mamas and papas Library - I think that info about laughter during/after IVF transfer is good advice. I'm sure it even applies to those of us doing inseminations. I'm going to try to be happy and laugh and watch funny movies from O day until implantation. Wish me luck! AmandaHope - Thanks for the encouragement. I'm also feeling like I will have a better chance this cycle due to the clomid... and even though my HSG wasn't perfect, I feel like I still...
Okay folks, here it is! We were married by a justice of the peace on August 6, 2010 at a park in Northampton, MA. We spent two weeks in Ireland with a quick, 2-day trip to London thrown in the middle for good measure. It was AMAZING. Our wedding pictures can be viewed here. Our honeymoon pictures can be viewed here. Our honeymoon video can be viewed here. For those that don't know who is who: I am the redhead, and Sue is the sexy brunette. The photo links are to my...
Library - I can't believe your baby is the size of an eggplant already! I am so happy for you! So how far along does that make you? Lisedea - Thanks for the smiley fix! I heard that three insems in one cycle will ALMOST ALWAYS get you pregnant. That said, I've never done more than one vial in a cycle. LOL escher - How many cycles have you tried so far? My fingers are crossed for you until you get that BFP in a week or so! max - How exciting! I hope you had a great...
Indigo - I hope you are able to get the problem at your child's preschool resolved. Kids are so impressionable at that age; the last thing you need is a negative influence.   Max - I'm sorry to see you're still TTC, but I'm certain IVF will do the trick for you. Enjoy your AF, Max, because this will be the last one for a long time!   escher - I just know I came back to bring you luck for this TWW. We're the last two Amandas left on the thread! It's time we join...