or Connect

Posts by verarae

I am nursing our 20 month old.  When I was pregnant with her, our oldest was still nursing.  I intended to go the whole way but my fatigue never lifted and with her waking several times a night to nurse, we decided to night wean.  She weaned all the way shortly after that, right before her 2nd birthday.  However, she was (and still is) pretty jealous of her sister.  The baby is quite a mama's girl and I think the combination of that and possible being weaned before she...
LLtheTinkerbell-that sounds like us!  We were doing a homebirth, getting ready to push (although I didn't feel the urge to) and found the baby was breech.  The midwife thought she turned at the last minute but she had those "taco legs" that stayed folded up for about the first few months, making us believe she was a missed breech.  My first baby girl (almost 4 now!) was sunny side up but turned at the last minute.  It was a really nice experience at a free standing...
Baby #3 for us, with a due date of January 6.  Thinking boy, my nausea and fatigue are different than with my two girls but who knows?  I thought the girls were boys, too.  I'm an awful guesser :)
Feeling pretty decent, actually!  Might be speaking too soon, though.  With my girls I started feeling nauseous around 6 weeks and it let up around 13 or 14 weeks.  I am 5 weeks right now (from ovulation so 7 from my LMP).  I am exhausted but that kind of comes and goes so I've been able to muster some energy to get my garden in.  The morning sickness is more like a true morning sickness this time.  I feel pretty icky in the morning, it wears off and then comes back when...
reneekangaroo-what's this peaceful mama tea you speak of?!  I need it; now!  And, yes, we are just going to have to roll with those comments, too.   carriede-Yeah, we were on the fence, too, and even if we were to try again we were going to be spacing them farther apart.  Oh, well.  Best laid plans and all that...And, we are so close to some financial goals (a la Dave Ramsey) that we are thinking of staying the course and making our Jeep work.   I set up two...
Such highs and lows here!  Excited, fun, fun, fun and then holy crap.  What did we do?  Especially days like today where the girls aren't doing any thing close to listening and the 20 month old learned the word "NO!!" (except she says it "MO!!" and it's pretty cute and extremely annoying).  Plus, our car has room for three cars seats but it has a lift up seat to make more room and I don't think the middle car seat would be secure enough.  So we are looking into a van....
Yes, so much to think about with a name.  We have a particularly hard last name that, with the wrong first name, leads to some sexual innuendos (?)  if that's the right word.  Like, we'll have a great name and then we're like "Oh, God!  That won't work at all!"  Our girls are Vera and Cora so I guess we want to keep with the 4-letter theme so the poor kid doesn't feel like too much of an outcast, being an "oopsie" and all.  Poor third baby!
SAHM.  I was a teacher for a few years but hated it.  I decided to stay home with my daughter when she was born (she'll be 4 in July!!). I plan to go back to work when they are all in school just not sure what I am going to do just yet.  I babysit two kids that I've been watching for about 3 years.  They all get along great and it's nice extra income.
Count me in!  My name is Sara.  I have two girls, almost 4 and 2.  We got our BFP on the 22nd, only 7 dpo, and I think we might be due around the 5th of January.  This pregnancy was not planned; we were on the fence about a third and did a big oopsie, mistaking my ovulation for my period.  We are excited, though, and definitely warming up to the idea.  I want to be in the DDC because I think it could be a great support for me.  First, with the unexpected pregnancy....
Thank you so much for all your help!  Haha, never can tell can we?  I have a girl that was conceived on my one and only day with eggwhite and another girl that we have no idea when we got pregnant.  We were kind of hoping for a boy but would love a third girl!  And we were totally on the fence about a third and were leaning pretty hard towards a vasectomy.  Ah well, we are excited now, and didn't take long to get excited so it's for the best, I think.  Thanks again!  And...