or Connect

Posts by verarae

Thank you.  Yes, we got a darker positive yesterday morning.  Does anyone have any ideas about what this timing might mean for gender?  I was thinking boy.  Just curious, obviously there are no sure things!
So I took that last test but I thought I messed it up.  I had  put a few drops of urine on it but it didn't creep up the paper so I added more and flooded it.  It turned all purple and then there was that faint +.  My husband wanted me to restest so I did last night but I had just peed.  We got a very faint line but didn't time it so I don't know if it was past the 3 minutes or not.  According to my temps, I am 12 or 13 dpo right now.  Any advice?  Retest in the morning...
Thanks for the reply.  I tested yesterday on a cheapie $ store test and got a faint + line (10 dpo).  I'll test in a few days to be sure but it does look likw we timed it just right.
I'm getting a little panicky and feeling REALLY dumb, please help!  So, I haven't been great about taking my temperatures but my period has been coming every 30-35 days.  Well, day 25 I started in with all the usual symptoms; major moods, cramps, sore nips, bloated, etc...Thinking it was my period, we had sex on day 30 without a condom.  Except my period didn't come and I was swimming in eggwhite.  This worried me so I took my temp the next day, got a low 97.4 which was...
Thanks for all the answers.  We think we are going to go ahead with the refi but I double checked the rate and it is actually 3.875%, a little higher than I thought but I think still worth it.  Thanks again for all your help!  
So I don't post here much but I know there are lots of you out there you know lots more than me about mortgages, refi's, etc...:) We bought our house in 2005 for $116,000.  Unfortunately, we were in an ARM so we refinanced in 2008 for a rate of 5.75%.  Now that rates are down again, we got a quote for 3.8% with $3,100 in closing costs (this is through our current lender).  It would save us $156/month and take us about 19 months to recoup the closing costs but I don't...
My second DD has always been a big baby and was an early walker so I got out of the habit of wearing her.  However, with her and my oldest running around I don't feel safe in public anymore.  She's 24+ lbs, average height and is very physical.  Any recommendations?  I have a ring sling, a moby and a mama made mei tai.  I would love to spend the money on something nice but don't know that it's really in the budget.  And if she's the last baby, I don't know how much use it...
Hardworking man-hands and my gorgeous (now 3 year old!) baby  girl, these two are still magical to watch together.  
Just wanted to stop in to say a huge, "Way to go!!" for all you mamas with breastfeeding issues.  You've kept at it when a lot of people would have dropped it at the first sign of trouble.  Congrats to you!  I had some minor issues with my first so I know a little (teeny, tiny bit) of what you are going through.  I know that it will click with the two of you (and your body!) and when it does it is going to be sooo worth the effort! 
Thanks for all the support!  My recovery is going ok, although I'm sorry to hear that others haven't had it so smooth :(  My recovery is getting a little more emotional now; I really think she was breech the whole time and the midwife missed it.  My family really wasn't behind the whole homebirth thing to begin with and now I'm trying to answer all their questions, and lots of my own!  In some ways (lots), I'm even more supportive of homebirth because our emergency plan...