or Connect

Posts by verarae

I'd like to be in!  I haven't been very involved, reply-wise, but I read almost every day.  The forum stuff is new to me so I've been hanging back a little but I know I will especially love the support/connection postpartum.  I am due the 11th (and measuring there) but I've gotten the 21st and the 30th from ultrasound, time will tell I guess :)  We are having a girl, our second, and we are having her at home with a great midwife.  She turned LOA about a week ago, the day...
I am very thankful I inherited my husband's grandma's button collection but I am a little overwhelmed.  It was probably started in the '30's but it's not exactly a "collection," there is no organization to it.  It is in a 12"x18"x10" tin box.  Would you go to the (huge) effort of sorting it?  There are buttons of every shape, size and material including some that are probably pretty valuable.  I think it would be best if I did because otherwise I wouldn't be able to find...
I've gained about 4 pounds this pregnancy.  I was 124 (5') before, weighed 123 at 14 weeks and today weighed 127.5 at 18 weeks.  Definitely not where I was last pregnancy, I think I gained 10 pounds in the first trimester for a total of 40 pounds.  I was puffy and thick but felt fine and kept up with my swimming.  Plus, I lost it all and then some by 8 or 9 months postpartum.  My best friend is pregnant right now, too, and during her last pregnancy she only gained 9...
Thank you!   Well, that's good to know, I didn't know u/s were that close because babies are so different in size.  Yes, I have been feeling movement for about the last 4 weeks which is super early but we heard a really early heartbeat on the doppler, too, so this baby must be positioned just right or something.  I felt our first around 20 weeks so it's nice to feel this one so early.
My first post here!  So, we are "oops" pregnant (and happy) but I have wonky cycles so I am not sure when I conceived.  My LMP (which was my first since having our 20 month DD) was around Nov. 4.  I had my BFP on Dec. 18.  Our midwife heard a heartbeat, and so did we, at the beginning of January and she thought we were about 9 weeks.  We went to another midwife, who has an ultrasound machine, a week later and they said 7w 3d.  At my appointment at the beginning of the...
* Name: Sara * EDD: August 30th * Age: 28 * Location: Idaho * How long it took to you to get your BFP: Unexpected pregnancy * What number child is this for you: 2 (and last, a little bittersweet!) * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband (C) DD (Miss V) and 2 dogs * Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth!  * Anything else you'd like to share:  I don't know if I am introducing myself in the right place so I will check that other link out too.  We...
Total thread hijack but...we want a VW camper van too and it looks like a lot of you have had one. We saw one for $4200. Good price? And are they expensive to fix if you have a break down (engine and/or camping features)? Good to commute in? Feel free to move if this is not ok here.
A ?: I don't have a Diva cup yet but I want to get one. My question is, I have a tilted cervix and tried to get a diaphragm or the FemCap and while it went in fine I couldn't get it out without help. So, we skipped that method but I am wondering if I will have the same problem with the Diva cup. Anyone else?
No, that's ok if it's harsh...I live in a bubble sometimes with money. In the past, we've had enough extra it wasn't as big of a deal. But now it is affecting a lot of areas in our life and it needs to be handled. Sometimes I feel like if I were in another relationship I wouldn't be the main one handling the money; it's not my strong point but it's really not my husband's strong point... Dog will not be rehomed; she is a family member and we decided to have a yard...
Thanks, Surrogate, for your help. I used my WIC checks for the first time yesterday and was absolutely mortified: the cashier couldn't figure them out, apparently I had picked an incorrect item and the cashier TWO lanes over was yelling, "you can't get that kind of cheese with your checks. It was your string cheese, it's the wrong kind!" Really? That's the best way to handle that? In front of 2 lines of customers? Thanks. I left the store crying. But...I read...