or Connect

Posts by verarae

Oh, yeah, I was going to add my budget and I forgot. Here it is... $2200.00 Income ______________ Fixed: $835 Mortgage (w/ tax and ins.) $63 Y membership $15 garbage $10 ING savings acct. for DD $100 student loan $156 power bill (comfort billing) $38 Internet $82 Car insurance $90 Cell phone $30 Credit card _____________ Variable: $300 groceries (includes dog food) $60 gas $20 household supplies/toiletries Total: $1739, leaving $401 for spending, saving, insurance,...
I thought I'd ask for your advice; everyone on here is so well informed and it is nice to see other perspectives. I SAHM with my 1 year old DD. We had about 5 months worth in an emergency fund before she was born. My husband's job wasn't paying enough and we were taking money out of savings pretty often for bills, etc (we are pretty frugal and I am a fan of Dave Ramsey). He switched jobs for higher pay and we thought we'd get ahead because we don't qualify for health...
I've been reading this thread and thought the peer counselor position looked perfect for me so I checked it out (thanks LizzyQ!). The county I am in just finished hiring so they weren't taking apps. (man, am I always a day late and a $ short?!). A neighboring county has not started the program but are hiring in Sept. The director said that she would take my name and that I should call back for more details since she didn't know all the answers to my ?'s but she was...
I haven't lost anything yet; I am still struggling with whether or not to cut calories right now. My supply has been affected and it's not worth it to me. I have been ratcheting up the exercise, though. I go to the Y and have been doing Group Power and then some sort of cardio afterwards and in between I do Yoga/Pilates with cardio after. I used the calorie calculator on the OP and put in my calories from the cleanse. I was right on with calories, fat, protein, carbs,...
I was curious about the toxins in my milk, too, but I ate pretty clean before so I didn't worry too much about it. I haven't been really strict to it; I am thinking I will do it up until dinner (breakfast, 2 snacks and lunch) and then be more lenient for dinner. That way I don't have to cook a separate meal for hubby and me.
I'm glad this thread was started! I want to get to my goal weight of 115 and I am 120 (and 5'). I am BF and so I am having a little trouble with getting enough calories but not too many...I wrote a post about the 21 day cleanse and Rosemary mentioned it wouldn't be good for permanent weight loss. I didn't think of that so I will add in more things to my routine but I think cutting back on dairy and gluten has been good for me. Trying to get rid of my baby pooch by July...
I didn't get much of a response over there so thought I'd try over here. I am trying to get to a goal weight of 115 (I am 5'), am BF and my DD is 11 months. I haven't been feeling great lately (some joint aches and pains, headache and fatigue) and want to get to my goal by my high school reunion in July. So, I did Kathy Freston's 21 day cleanse (vegan, no caffeine, no sugar, no gluten) thinking I might benefit from no gluten and dairy. I did it for 6 days and lost a...
I saw there was a thread in April but I didn't see what I am looking for...Good recipes and see if anyone else has done this BF. Lately, I haven't been feeling so great; joint pain and total loss of energy and I thought it might be diet related. I decided to do the cleanse (vegan-no sugar-no caffeine-no gluten) and see how it goes with the thought that if my supply is affected at all I would quit. The first day was awful; I had a migraine from hell, the second I had a...
My DH's tape measure broke-it won't slide back in and I was wondering if anyone had any creative reuses for it. If not, how do I recycle it? Also, we have several (!) spray nozzles for the yard that are broken. What to do with those?
We started because our dog is having a lot of skin/fur issues: she's chewing it off on her tail, it's very thin on her whole body and her skin is very dry and flaky. Not to mention her breath! It has been about a month and we have noticed a change in her energy, her eyes aren't cloudy anymore and our other dog has been better behaved. But no change whatsoever with the skin/fur. I am beginning to wonder if it's a deeper problem than a food allergy/intolerance.