or Connect

Posts by katiecat

I generally do but not necessarily all the gory details. But I work ft and dh is a sahd and yes he does tell me when they have had/are having a rough day. The way he puts it is "we had a fight" or some such thing (it's just his way of saying ds has had a tantrum) - it's cute. Again, we don't necessarily tell each other every single detail of what happened but do let each other know when we've had a rough time. Allison mom to Callum 5/8/02
I lost weight really quickly and easily after giving birth despite eating like a horse! I do contribute a lot of that to bf'ing. At 11 months I returned to work and therefore was bf'ing less (I never pumped). We have a gym at work so once I returned I went back to working out but also started gaining weight. I totally contribute that to the reduction in bf'ing. I am still working full-time now and ds is 27 months. I've stabilized but, yes, I'm a few pounds...
I could have written your post about my ds. He also will not stay in the cart no matter what I try and I've asked for advice before and tried it all. Generally I shop w/o him but when he does come, giving him jobs works the best. He's only happy with treats for so long, doesn't really understand the bribing (yet) and wouldn't care less if we left the store in the middle of a tantrum. In fact, I think he'd prefer we leave so he'd probably just throw a fit so we...
My ds only asked to nurse in very subtle ways until about 20 months. All of a sudden, overnight he started demanding to nurse when he wanted to by yelling "Nurse nurse nurse!" and pulling my shirt up. LOL It was quite disconcerting for me at first. For a while, as soon as the slightest thing upset him he'd run to me demanding "nurse nurse" and pulling on my shirt. It's slowed down a bit now...he's not quite so...um, demanding anymore. But he still says "nurse"...
Hi, this is actually my first post on an MDC board though I've been lurking here for a while. Can I join you? I am nursing my 25 month old and plan to let him wean when he's ready, though I do work full-time. We pretty much nurse on demand when we are together but I'm starting to put him off a bit the occasional time he asks to nurse in a place that I don't want to. He's accepting this well. We do still NIP but there are certain places/times that I just don't want...