or Connect

Posts by katiecat

Sooooooooooooo is anyone else excited? (I am looking at you Charlie's Angel!)   Is it ok to make this thread the one where we can also discuss the show in relation to the book?   I haven't watched all the promo videos out there yet but I am so excited about the one showing shirtless Eric running down the road looking very confused. I am so happy if they are doing that storyline from the book. Honestly while I enjoyed the idea I didn't love everything about it in...
Good timing! Did you get it? I just loved Payne's first words (in Enshrined) to her mom. Ha! (F--- you) Can't wait to read about her and more Manny!   I'm just finishing up the 4th Fever book and then I'll start on Avenged.
ITA Even in BDB I feel that way sometimes. I'm not a huge romantic - which is a lot of why I like the bdb books - there's so much more going on. (Same with Sookie books.)   Did you read the insider's guide? I'm not usually into that kind of stuff. I like to read the stories - reading *about* the stories often bores me and some of it does but some of it is quite interesting. I just finished reading about Zsadist's book. Apparently he is JR's favourite (mine too) and she...
I am excited for unleashed but need to read avenged and mine first. I am making my way through the insider's guide right now. The Zsadist and Bella story was great.   I still need to get back to night huntress too. Love those!   I am reading Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian now. Very very similar world to BDB but I am really liking it too.   I have Dark Prince on my library list. Let me know if you like it!   Oh and I'm on the 4th Fever book. Liking those...
I think that is a common problem with open shelves!! Are the bookcases built in? I am just thinking to buy 3 bookcases or something like that. I know I love pictures in magazines of a wall of books but in reality it's easy for it to get too cluttered and filled with other things that don't look so nice.
  I know Gina! And I've seen a few posts from you on the tv forum and it seems we watch some of the same shows, too, not just True Blood! (I am still working my way through Dexter - just finished season 2)   I'm almost done the 3rd Fever book and I have the 4th on my iPod ready to go and the 5th on request from the library.   I usually just say oh it's my vampire stuff to people who aren't as, ahem, high brow as me. lol
I am glad I'm not the only one trying to figure it out. Thanks Nina! I can picture what you are saying and can see how turning the table made a difference. I am toying with the idea of a wall of bookcases (I like that look) with a desk that comes out at right angles for the computer. I do need something that can accomodate a printer and we have a big monitor (I'd rather have just a laptop - so much more convenient).
I've started the third Fever series book again and wow - it got majorly better! I am totally hooked now but given that the series is only 5 books I do think it's a bit much that it took me til about half way through to get into it. lol
Gosh I love this thread though I've never posted. I haven't felt our space is "too small" until just recently as we are planning a kitchen renovation and I just don't have big enough areas to do what I want!   We are three: dh, me and ds who is 8 in a house that is I think total 1100 sq. feet. The basement is not finished and used only for storage. Can I ask...what do other people have as far as an eating area/area to sit around a table and play a board or card...
Well, they aren't lacking for money - I'm sure he could afford it! The house is often described in terms that seem to make fun of it (I'd feel the same about). I am assuming that they don't redecorate in any way because it's all Darius' stuff and, well, I guess really it's Beth's now right? So she could do what she wants. Maybe she likes it? Or maybe they've just been so busy getting it all set up (the training centre, security, etc.) that they haven't had time. They've...