or Connect

Posts by BlueLeaf

I paid $18 at the Aveda place to get my brows done the first time. It had a huge impact on me - I have thick brows (think Brooke Shields in the 80s) and having them professionally done made them look so much better.
If your current office is really your only option, then my suggestion is to simply embrace it. Put up curtains, pump, and if anyone says anything about the noise you can be matter of fact about it. If you don't act embarrassed or try to minimize what you're doing, I think (depending on your office-culture) others will take your pumping as a matter of fact and not make a big deal about it. I was lucky enough to have a private office when I pumped. But sometimes I'd answer...
It's 100% worth getting a lawyer if you have a kid.   My employer offers a pre-paid legal plan for $16 a month. I enrolled this year and that paid for our wills for my husband and me. I recommend everyone to figure out how to pay for it.
It's been an adjustment for me to do online classes. I'm a perpetual procrastinator (here I am on MDC when my assignments are due tomorrow at midnight!) so I have to be more disciplined and self-motivated.    
I'm sort of in the same boat, except I don't have paid time off to do school work! That's awesome! I am doing my degree online which gives me more flexibility, but sometimes it feels very overwhelming. I just keep reminding myself that it's for a limited amount of time - about a year in my case, and I'll be in a much better place once I have that piece of paper. I'm also hitting the ceiling in my carer unless I have the degree, and that's my motivation - I can move to...
What an awful thing to go through! Making the decision to end my cat's life was the hardest thing I've ever done.   One thing to remember is that animals will not show the true amount of pain they are experiencing. In the wild, if you show pain then you are marked by predators as easy prey. Animals are very stoic.    I wish I could give you some real advice. In my situation, when it was time I KNEW it was time, but I still second-guess myself years later. 
What is the "sick leave pool"?   The whole situation stinks!
I live in Englewood, which is just north of Littleton. I think the south suburban area is lovely and a lot of fun. There are a lot of parks and open spaces. What are you looking for specifically?
We do laundry once a week as well. Last year our unit broke and we had to go to the coin-op, so I feel your pain. I think a few mesh laundry bags hanging in the bedroom, bathroom, closet are a lot cheaper than your time spent at the coin-op.   If it matters that much to him, he can do a second trip to the coin-op, in my opinion.   (There's a coin-op in my area that's actually called "Wife-Savor", which should offend me but instead makes me laugh. My husband does...
My little one loves raisin toast these days, so I give her strips of that. I try to chop up fruits and veggies for her every meal. She likes to dip things so she's had whole grain crackers and hummus a lot lately. Quesadillas are easy and versatile. With soups, you can make a batch and then freeze it in smaller portions, since most will freeze very well.