or Connect

Posts by SpottedFoxx

I don't have suspicions about homeopathy in general. However, there are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there and there are absolutely no regulations controlling the creation of these products.  So... while a true homeopathic remedy should not have things in it that would be harmful - there are no guarantees.  When I wanted to give my son the remedy that contained bella donna, my pediatrician warned me not to because there is no way to tell if there are therapeutic levels...
I can't help but being struck by the fact that you keep making excuses for your child and blaming the other kid.  If the child was so terrible, you never should have let her to over there to begin with.     Your daughter did something wrong.  She needs to make amends.  If she wrote on the wall, then she needs to go back to the home and scrub the wall clean.  She needs to apologize to the family.   Then... you need to work with her on finding more appropriate ways to...
{{{hugs}}}  So overwhelming but you sound like you are on the right path.  Kudos to her for ordering the micro array (wish they automatically did it for all kids with developmental delays).  My son has a genetic deletion which was found with that test.
Angie - also check with your local speech therapy offices.  Many are expanding and offering social skills programs (at least here on the east coast they are).  Another vote for the social skills stuff.  If your son likes legos - check and see if there is a bricks for kidz near you.  It's a national franchise that combines lego building and social skills.
Have her reach out to the bar association http://www.passaicbar.org/index.php they have attorneys they can recommend that either do work on sliding scale or, if her income permits, pro bono work.   I'm sorry you friend is going through this difficult time and I hope she is able to get some assistance.
OP - One thing I just thought of - many kids who fall on the spectrum have sensory issues (that's where the OT would come in handy).  While I get that it's expensive and that if it's not covered by insurance, it's a no go.  However, the nice thing about sensory issues is that you can sometimes manage them yourself.  Get yourself a copy of "The Out Of Sync Child".  Once you are done that get "Out of Sync Child Has Fun" (if you are not a big reader - the the fun book as it...
Dear Lord people, she has tried going the natural route.  She has tried diet.  She has tried supplements.  I find it incredibly offensive that you would question her ability as a parent to restrict her child's diet properly.  I doubt very highly someone who is so hesitant to use medication would do things in a careless nature as you have suggested.   She is seeing a DAN doctor.  I'm sure their doctor has made sure they did the diet correctly.  
bygones - a lot of people like to vilify mediation but it really can mean the difference between a happy childhood and a really terrible childhood (says the woman who grew up with ADD and no meds).    One thing that has really struck me is the high number of children with things like OCD, ADHD, and the other alphabet diagnosis and drug use and suicide.  The numbers are through the roof vs. the neuro typical population.  Kids try to self medicate (lord knows I did my...
Aw honey, your post made me want to crawl through the computer and give you a big hug.  I get where you are coming from, truly I do.    Let me ask you a question.  Have you ever given your child tylenol or motrin?   Or even taken it yourself?  Have you ever read the side effects? (http://www.drugs.com/sfx/tylenol-side-effects.html) (http://www.drugs.com/sfx/motrin-pm-side-effects.html).  Scary stuff no?  I'll bet you haven't had any side effects have you?...
{{{hugs}}}  Once you know where the duplication is - you should be able to start researching.   Feel free to PM me if you need help with it.  Understand that a lot of these deletions and/or duplications are considered to be "de novo" meaning it's just one of those things that happen during gestation.