or Connect

Posts by SpottedFoxx

One thing that having a child has taught me is to not care about what other people think of me or my parenting skills.   In the future, if your instincts are telling you that something is off - look into it.  Don't waste time on what other people may think of you - if they think poorly of you... they aren't worth your effort.
{{{Laughing}}} Yeah, people, when faced with a situation where they are uncomfortable (like a special needs child) often will try to "help".  I try to remember that most people think they are being helpful and not trying to bash your parenting abilities (although it absolutely feels that way sometimes).      I have found that the best thing you can do is to educate the living daylights out of them.  When you push the fact that your child's condition effects him on a...
That's wonderful news!  Good for you for pushing the issue and getting your child the help he needs.
I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time understand what your child's issue is (and I understand if she's holding you it must be hard to type).  Is she saying her arms hurt her or she's afraid to move?  Either way, I think a call to the pediatrician is necessary.
http://www.apraxiaadventures.com/2011/05/07/thoughts-on-nutriiveda/   Just found this.
I've never heard of it and I'm on the FB page so it's safe :)     I hate snake oil salesmen/women.  Preying on special needs parents is just hideous in my opinion.
Sending you and your little one healing vibes - I hope the new doctor has some options for you.     Melissa - thanks for the link.  I know it's worked wonders for my friend's son.
FYI Dr. Levey has moved his practice.  He's now partnered with Advocare Greentree in Marlton.  I was a bit put off by the Advocare thing as I had a bad experience with them.  He said it's only a name but he gets 30% more from insurance by partnering with the name and each location is individually owned and operated.  He will also have 2 partners (a man and a woman) which means he can take a vacation, his evening hours will be 3 nights a week instead of two and they are...
  Well said!
Maybe just frame it as a party to celebrate the day you became a family.  In our family, we celebrate our family's anniversary (which, interestingly, is just a few days after our wedding anniversary).