or Connect

Posts by katroshka

Mamabeakley, my oldest daughter's name is Juniper! We love it, and she gets compliments all the time on her name. I don't really have any firm ideas about names. We had picked Trystan Ash for a boy name last time but had a girl, I still love the name but for some reason never like to "recycle" names... I don't have any rational reason for it, I just don't. DH still wants to use it but is open to other ideas. We both really like the name Roman but don't like the...
It's pronounced pretty much like ILL-va, though of course in Swedish it sounds a little different.
I had my ultrasound last night, everything looked good, baby's heartbeat was 183 and he/she was moving around. Calculated due date a week later than I had guessed, on December 7th.
My two oldest (4th and 5th grade) have gone to a German immersion school since Kindergarten. It's not really dual immersion since there aren't many kids really learning English (though there have been some), but there are many kids that have German families and speak German at home. They also do alternating weeks, and until last year they have had different teachers for English and German. It has been really great, we absolutely love it. They are pretty fluent in German...
Also want to mention how much EASIER it is to have a baby with older kids... totally different experience from having my first and second. They play with her, take care of her, watch her so I can cook dinner/ take a shower/ veg out... it's awesome!
Juniper is my oldest daughter's name, we love it! She gets compliments all the time. A friend of ours was thinking of naming her first Juniper but ended up having a boy.Katelove and JudiAU: we have a Freja here, which we love! We'd never heard the name except for spelled and pronounced the German way in Das Rheingold, then we picked it for #3 and suddenly have met lots of people who know Frejas/Freyas, and have heard kids getting called in public with the name, and while I...
Someone on FB posted this and thought I would pass it on- hopefully none of us will hve anything this crazy happen but I love that she is so positive about it! http://offbeatmama.com/2012/05/surprise-twin-roadside-vbac
I guess I am pretty lucky that I always crave pretty healthy stuff when I am pregnant. Veggies, mostly. Since they are in season right now I have been eating tons of artichokes, one of my all time favorites. I do increase my sweets consumption a bit when pregnant, but since I only eat pretty healthy desserts it's not a big deal. But cooking is a little challenging right now, though the last week or so has been a bit better. I am 10.5 weeks now, so nearing the end of the...
This is number 4 for us, this was more or less planned (timing was a little off but that's ok), but #3 was a big surprise when I had a 9 and 8 year old and was thinking we were done! Of course, one reason I was leaning towards being done was because I felt like I would have to have a 4th to keep the third company, so here we are. You won't be surprised to hear that #3 has been such a joy for my whole family and we can't imagine life without her, you'll feel the same, too,...
Boy would probably be Trystan Ash, the boy name we came up with for the last baby. As we have 3 girls it is getting hard to pick more girl names, but I really like Ylva and will lobby hard for that one, don't know about a middle name yet, but we always do tree names so will have to start looking through lists of trees again...