or Connect

Posts by fussamama

Hmmm...my son attends a DOD school and they accepted his waiver.  I think you are getting the run around too.  Maybe they are hoping that you will not do your homework and will just 'give in'.    If the Dept of Defense Education Activity accepts a waiver, I assume it is a DOD exemption.  I would ask the person for the DOD reg that she is using for a reference. You can also make and ICE complaint.  Here is the one I used for my DS to attend school on base...
Hi Molly, Here is the section of the reg for Army, AF, CG, and Navy (10 AR 40–562/BUMEDINST 6230.15A/AFJI 48–110/CG COMDTINST M6230.4F • 29 September 2006AFJI 48–110) that states:   (4) Department of Defense schoolteachers, daycare center workers, and children attending DOD–sponsored schools and daycare centers or similar facilities on military installations. As a condition of employment or attendance at these facilities, schoolteachers, childcare center workers,...
Yes, you can live on a military base and not be vaccinated.   What kind of questions do you have??  
Hello ladies, We are hoping to have command sponsorship approval to go with my husband to Yongson in February.  I have some questions about the command sponsorship process and wanted to know if there is anyone out there who has gone through the process recently....more specifically, I have questions about the vaccination requirements.   Thanks!
You will still need to worry about exemptions as they will require that you and your child have 'medical and dental' clearance.   This is generally to make sure that there are not any significant health issues that may not be able to be supported while overseas.   We have orders to Korea for February - my sons and I will have to go through this as well and I am a bit concerned.  We are an AF family going to an Army base and I am not sure how this will fly.  We are...
Hi Mesa, I know that this is an old thread.  However, we will be moving to Yongsan and was curious about how the vax situation panned out for you.  Would love to touch base with you about it.  
We will be moving there in Jan/Feb of next year.  Would love to connect with some moms before heading over there.  Thanks!  
I am always relieved to see an entry like this because I find that these concerns pop up for me too.  I also do exactly what the other moms here recommend - I go back and review the information that led me to decide not to vax.   My little guy went to preschool/daycare for a few months at  2 1/2 years old and started preschool this past September.  I was a bit worried because children who attend school tend to pick up a lot of bugs.   However, my DS has only had a cold...
I am a military spouse and found out that we may be moving to Korea in February.  I couldn't find the Military Moms forum, however, this is a vax question anyway.   Are there any military spouses out there who do not vax and have been stationed in Korea?  If so, I would love to connect with you.  I was given a packet that says that certain vaxs are mandatory.....I am not sure if that is just 'government speak' or...
Wow! I am so glad to see this thread.  I feel like we have been trying everything to help  my son's eczema - homeopathic remedies, acupuncture, probiotics, etc.   I just came across a reference to this cream and it seems to get great reviews on every site I have seen so far.  I am curious to know if there are any bad side effects to the ingredients as well.  I am going ahead and buying this as I cannot stand having to use a steroid cream when my ds eczema gets soo bad. ...