or Connect

Posts by catinthehat

I have a journal that I just jot down a few little special things they did each day. I usually write only a small paragraph each day, but after a year, there will be a lot of memories there.
Hey Mamas, Just feeling down on myself today. You know those days when you just question everything you are doing, have done, etc. My kids are fighting all the time. From sun up to sun down. They scream at each other. It is so hard to be around all the time. And I totally feel like it is all my fault. Then my dd2 won't play by herself at all. She is totally needy, always begging to watch tv, always screaming, and I feel like it is all my fault. I didn't play...
Thanks, I kinda figured that was the case. She would probably like to be in preschool more often. I am just not super crazy about her preschool. It is okay, but not good enough for me to feel really good about sending her there more. So, I guess more playdates would be good. Thanks for the reassurance.
Hi my dd will be four this summer. I stay home with her. Her big sis is in school full time. My concerns are about her ability to play on her own and be on her own in general. She goes to preschool 2 am's a week, and she had a hard time adjusting to that, but she now likes it. Other than that, she is with me. She seems incapable of playing on her own. She follows me around lie puppy dog all day and will not play AT ALL by herself. She won't even be in another room...
I think that green mucus is indicative of infection. Also if she is having fever, and it doesn't seem to be from a virus of limited duration, then the fever could be from infection too. She is very young, and has small lungs, so excess mucus could be a problem. Trust your intuition, and if she continues to have a fever, have trouble breathing, is not urinating or pooping, or seems lethargic, take her in asap. Best to you.
These issues sound like something that a Traditional chinese medicine doctor could certainly help with. I would try to find an accupuncturist that also does chinese herbs. Are you often cold? pale? night time urination? any other strange symptoms? Try some ginger tea(slice up several peices of raw ginger and pour hot water over it and let it sit for about 5 minutes). This is good for digestion. You could try molasses for your constipation, however it might be too...
I am no authority on this, but using colloidal silver and GSE in your sinuses sounds like it could cause pain, imo. Maybe just try using salt water for a while? Maybe some calming chamomile tea to help you relax. Hope you feel better soon.
I would boil some water and preferably add some eucalyptus oil to it if you have it, turn it off, drape a towel over yourself and the pot, and breathe in the steam. Do this every few hours. Might feel good on your sore lungs. Use a humidifier(make sure it is clean). Try an onion poultice(you can find recipes online), this has worked great for my dd. And try to rest!
That sounds incredibly difficult. Have you ever had counseling for any of these food issues? My sister was bulimic for 14 years and it was so so sad for her and horribly difficult. She was in and out of hospitals for years. She finally stopped drinking alcohol(which was one big trigger for her) and started taking once a week prozac and seeing a counselor again, and that was enough to help her stop. It was definitely a compulsion/addiction issue for her, and the prozac...
Thank you guys so much for the support. Your kindness is very much appreciated. There are so many amazing people in the world, it is inspiring. Sunnyinsandiego, I love how you are using all those different types of healing. The necklace, oil, blessings, affirmations, etc. It sounds lovely. I would be interested in knowing where you buy your oil blends from? So I am going to try to just work on being aware of when I am angry, sad, etc. And talking out loud, or...