or Connect

Posts by catinthehat

Yes, beautiful-day, I know what you mean about it being really easy to be hurtful with the people who love you. Why is that? Because we know they will still love us if we do it, or maybe to try to prove that they won't love us because we aren't lovable. I don't know. I just feel so angry all the time with my husband and kids. I think I need to take an anger management class. Sunnysandiegon, I think that is awesome that you have healed yourself so much. It sounds...
I am going through the same stuff right now. It is so hard. I feel the same way, that I can't talk to her about any problem I have with her ever, for fear that she won't "love" me if I do. Her love is that conditional. It sounds like your mom is the same way. Best to you.
you hit the nail on the head per my experiences growing up. it is sooo hard to change all the negative messages i am constantly making in my own head and hearing from others(as you said both real and imagined). it is a constant stream of negativity. it must take tremendous effort over a long time to correct. it is strange, sometimes i will feel pretty normal and happy for weeks at a time. i will think, "yes, i am doing okay". then, something will trigger me( i...
thanks jaqueline, i will pick up that book again with the intention of learning how to talk to dh too. i like the house cleaning idea. i have been feeling for a while like if i could just start a project, like paint a room, and finish it, i would feel really good. i think this weekend i will buy paint, even though we have no money, we never have money, but i have to stop letting that rule my life. so do you think it ever "goes away". that part of yourself that is...
I am wondering how you mamas who have been abused emotionally by a parent learn to love yourselves again. My mom was very neglectful/shaming/ignoring/silent treatment type mom; I was never allowed to have emotions or need attention. She withdrew and was hateful to me if I was ever sad or angry or lonely. So I guess there is a really big part of me that hates myself. It comes out in different ways at different times, but I am very destructive towards my marriage and...
Many herbs are said to have anticancer properties; tulsi basil(holy basil)(you can drink this as a yummy tea) red clover(also good as tea) dandelion limit soy intake(t=unfermented soy products like soy milk, formula, tofu, protein powder, flour, etc.) choose tempe and miso if you want to have soy. cell phone usage(have been seeing articles lately about the negative health effects of excessive cell phone usage) Try not to worry too much! That is the hardest...
So does being low on iron mean you are blood deficient? I would think so. Some good blood building foods are beets, greens, chlorella, berries(esp. blackberries and raspberries), blackstrap molasses(1 TB a day), nettle tea, and beef bone soups like french onion(just made with real beef bone stock). I would recommend perhaps seeing an herbalist or an accupuncturist who prescribes herbs. Their are many chinese fromulas to treat deficient blood. They could also help...
Thank you Kokomom.
My dd is terrified of Milo and Otis. As a pp suggested, we like the scholastic video collections for the most part. My dd loves homeward bound, although I think it might be too scary. Mary Poppins is great and The Point is fun. It is an old cartoon movie from the 60's or 70's with Ringo Starr doing vocals. Can't go wrong with Mr. Rogers.
I had the same thing happen a month or two ago. My dr had me come in again in three months for another. The second came back fine. Sometimes they can be abnormal from diaphragm use, spermicide use, yeast, bacteria, etc. If you know you are going to be freaking out for the next year until you get a clear one, then go get one in a couple months. But, sometimes they do come back abnormal for no apparent reason, so try not to worry too much. Easier said then done!