or Connect

Posts by catinthehat

as i was wiping my dd(4mos.) today, i noticed a small white patch on her anus.  i couldn't notice it unless i kind of pulled her cheeks apart, it was pretty far in there.  when i wiped it with the cloth wipe, it came off and the spot where it had been started to bleed a little.  the skin all seemed somewhat red around her anus.  no other diaper rash to speak of.  i thought maybe it is thrush, but neither of us has any other symptoms of thrush(no nipple pain or white...
thank you guys!  your suggestions are really helpful, and do put things in perspective- anyone would be totally stressed and having a hard time coping under these circumstances.  i had a better morning today and night last night.  i think the burden of owning a house and worrying it won't sell is the main thing at this point.  it feels like a ball and chain.  the "what ifs" are just too easy to think about and really scary.  however, my dh and i have decided we will...
As I read others posts, I am wondering more and more if I my have a more severe underlying mental health issue.  It is perhaps triggered by the stress.  But I just don't feel "normal" a lot of the time.  I have been feeling like I am a really bad person, like I can't control my emotions, and really hateful lately about myself and others.  This doesn't sound like a normal response to stress.  I guess I'm not sure what to do.  There are no therapists in town(its a small...
I am right there with you OP.  Going through a very stressful time too.  It is amazing what a strong effect it has on our lives. I hope things start to get a bit easier for you.  Try not to be too hard on yourself.    
I am having an increasingly difficult time dealing with the stress in my life.  I find myself getting into these states of mind where I feel frantic.  When I get this way I lash out at my dh and dds because I feel angry and out of control.  I guess I have always had these issues to a certain extent.  They come and go as life changes from non-stressful times to stressful times.  Right now we are getting ready to move, I have a new baby, we are trying to sell the house,...
I am cosleeping with my 3rd baby in a queen size bed.  Just me and baby at this point, no dh.  Several nights ago, I awoke to dd(2.5 weeks old) crying out and realized I was partially laying on her.  I now feel really frightened to cosleep anymore, although I would really like to.  Are there precautions I can take?  I searched this forum, and can't find any threads about other people doing this.  Is this really abnormal?  I don't drink or take sleeping meds.  Thanks for...
My OB's kids and grandkids are coming to town on Friday for the weekend.  I wonder if that could have something to do with it.  Thanks for the support.
Thank you, I so need to hear that.  Both my first two dd's were born on their due dates, so this feels a little different to me and not what I was expecting.  I just wish the doctors weren't so alarmist.  It really can make you so worried.  Thanks for the support.
I am 40 w and 5 days today.  I had a doctors apt. and she was strongly encouraging me to get an ultrasound tomorrow to check amniotic fluid and the placenta and do a non stress test too.  I told her I would do the nonstress test tomorrow but that I wanted to wait on the ultrasound.  She said I could only do them together ????   There are no other health concerns or problems going on with the pregnancy.  She said I was measuring fine, I weighed what I weighed last week,...
I am 40 w 5 d today.  I had a checkup and my doctor wants to do an ultrasound and fetal monitoring.  It is so stressful.  I hope your baby comes soon!