or Connect

Posts by catinthehat

I called the guidance counselor at my dd's school today and asked her to talk to dd about the incident and how she is doing.  She called me later in the day to let me know how the conversation went.  The guidance counselor said she feels that the class has some difficult students in it, and dd does not want to be labeled as one of those "bad" kids by her teacher.  The teacher has a tendency to single out several bad kids in the class as well as single out the good kids. ...
Just got an email from her teacher, the story is slightly different then what dd told me.  Apparently the teacher had dd's name on the board to remind her of who still needed to turn in their homework sheet.  She was going to have some of the kids stand by the wall who's names were on the board(I am guessing the kids who hadn't turned in multiple assignments), but she told dd she didn't have to stand by the wall(presumably b/c dd usually turns in her assignments and is...
Thanks for the replies.  Haven't heard from her teacher yet, but I think I will bring up a few of the things mentioned here to her when I do get to talk to her.  I agree that standing against a wall b/c you didn't do your homework seems extreme for second grade.  I don't remember ever being punished for not doing homework, other than getting a bad grade.   But every teacher does things differently!  I learned last year when I had some issues with dd's teacher that...
Thanks for the reply.  I find it kind of strange really.  She has always been way more on the explosive/impulsive end of things.  I never thought of her as a perfectionist in the past, but you're right that she does seem to be that way now.  This trying to be perfect in school is new in the last year.  I wrote the teacher an email asking for her thoughts on the cause and what should be done about it.  Hopefully we will be able to have a dialogue about it.  I am not...
My 7 yo dd came home today with 2 pretty deep gouges on both cheeks.  She said she scratched herself b/c she was angry at herself.  She wouldn't tell me at first why she was so upset that she would do that.  I told her I would have to call her teacher if she didn't tell me, so she agreed to explain what happened.  Apparently a homework sheet that we had in her backpack last night and didn't get to do b/c she had other homework too was to be turned in today.  The teacher...
Thanks ladies, It is just helpful to know I am not the only one out there who is feeling this way.  And really, there are people who have many more things to worry about, and I should feel grateful to have as few problems as I do.  Easier said than done.  I don't believe I am dilating yet, the doctor checked me a few days ago.  So maybe just a small baby carrier.  I dunno.  I wish other women would keep their comments to themselves about the size of pregnant...
Thanks Aeterna for the reassurance about the worries I have.  When you start going back through your brain about all the things you did or didn't do  quite right, it is scary.  I also tend to research things a lot, and it can be comforting at times to know what is going on, but it can also be quite scary when you learn something after it is too late.  The ultrasound is another thing I worry about b/c when I had my ultrasound during this pregnancy, the tech took a full...
Thank you both for the replies.  In response to your questions...  I would be really surprised if my due date is off.  I had an ultrasound at 20 something weeks and everything apparently looked good and due date seemed accurate.  I am 5 foot 7 inches, and thin.  With my other two children I weighed 165 by the end of it.  Right now I weigh 152 and I don't think I will get above 155.  So I haven't gained as much weight this time.  I gained 35 pounds with first two, and...
I am about 37 weeks pregnant with my third child.  I have been having a LOT of fear and anxiety about the health of the baby.  I have had a very easy pregnancy, no health problems whatsoever, but my belly is very small.  I don't feel very pregnant at this point, and it freaks me out.  I have gained about 27 pounds though, and the doctor is not worried.  Although when I measure myself I am measuring like 32-33 weeks.  It gets to me when EVERYONE I see comments, "Oh my...
hey mamas, i am feeling worried and scared.  i am due with baby #3 in two months.  i am very excited about the baby, but i am truly worried about the aloneness that comes with being a stay at home mom in this town.  my older two are at school now in kindergarten and 2nd grade.  the pregnancy has been me at home alone, and honestly i thought the alone time would be nice, but it is starting to get really lonely.  my husband has a demanding job and is not always...