or Connect

Posts by catinthehat

Thank you so much! I took her to the doc yesterday and he said the bottom rash, behind the knees, and the pimply rash on the shins is eczema.  He said it is just a papu.ar eczema as opposed to most people who have a more flat shiny eczema.  He said the pimply rash on her underwear line is inflamed hair follicles, probably caused by bacteria.  He said as long as they don't get white heads on them, just to wash gently with soap and water.  if they get whiteheads he said...
Thanks, Yeah, it doesn't look like the pics of molluscum on the internet.  It looks like a yeast rash, and on her knees it looks like eczema.  My older dd has allergies to soy, corn, and dairy.  Do you think it would make sense to try those first.  Is she likely to share the same allergies as her sister?  She really doesn't have sugar at this point except for fruit.  Wow, if she was gluten intolerant I would be in trouble.  My husband is diabetic so doesn't really eat...
My 4 yo dd has just recently started to develop what appears to be eczema on the back of her knees.  She also has had and continues to have for the last 4 months a red rash on her bottom.  It seems to get redder after getting out of the tub, and it is worse in the last week or two.  The doctor said 4 months ago that it is molluscum, although I am not so sure.  She has now also in the last few days started to develop little pimples on her lower leg and underwear line....
I worry about this a bit with my dd in first grade.  She is a very independent girl, she often prefers to do art all day or play her own games rather then play with the neighbor or her sister.  Apparently it is the same at school.  She is freindly with most everyone, but the lunch lady says she plays by herself most of the time.  She likes collecting rocks on the playground and most other kids are not interested in this.  So she does it by herself.  The lunch lady acts...
Thanks for commiseration and advice.  Nice to know someone else's kid does this too.  I think she actually learned it from the dog!  They are pretty tight.  ;) I am going to try not making a big deal of it as you suggest.  It doesn't make me too upset really.  I just made a big deal of it the first couple of times thinking that would stop her from doing it in the future.  That backfired!   Four year olds are tough!  
We have been experiencing some major 4yo defiance lately, and it has included dd urinating on the floor when she is angry about something.  I have reacted pretty strongly up to this point, and I am thinking now I should probably just have her clean it up, and calmly say,  "we don't pee on the floor",  and let it go.  I think it has def become a power move for her.  Is this normal?  Should I be concerned?  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
That is great advice Llyra, about having a set schedule around alone play time.  I will def work on that.
Thanks OTMomma, I agree that I should take the battle out of the food issue.  It does become more complicated though b/c she will ask for things, and then not finish them, and then go back for something else 5 minutes later.  It does seem to be, at least in part, to get my attention, and it does.  I don't like her wasting the food.  So, I tell her she needs to finish the first thing she asked for, but she won't and she then continually tries to go into the kitchen and...
My dd2 is 4 yo.  her older sister is in school all day M-F so she and I are home together most days, although she does go to preschool M, W, and F for 2.5 hours.  The problem is that for as long as dd1 has been away for school, dd2 is never able to play by herself.  I am sure this is pretty typical for the second/third/etc born.  It is exhausting though for me.  She will follow me around all day talking to me, and I am usually okay with that, but she will literally never...
Old fridges are perfect to make BIG worm composting bins out of.  Good stuff!