or Connect

Posts by catinthehat

My 6 yo dd has really been stressing me out lately. Her behavior is just really naughty( I hate to use that word, but it is). She gets lots of attention from dh and me. She and her sister get to do lots of fun things each day with me. And yet she acts out a lot. She rarely listens to me. I have to say things over and over until I am yelling at her to get her to listen, she is very stubborn. She has been destructive lately(picking the plaster off the ceiling, drawing...
I didn't feel guilty for not taking my kids to the pool or park. We had ballet, then stayed in all day. It summer, but it is too hot and buggy to go outside. I also took a shower in my freshly cleaned bathroom. Yay!
Some serious questions here... 1. Is having more children a good idea? 2. Am I meant to pursue this path I am on as a healer? Thank you so much for your time and thoughts
Ashwanganda is an ayurvedic herb that is very safe and effective over long periods for libido enhancement. Both women and men can use it.
I have been having some dull pain in my lower back the last few days. It doesn't feel like it is the muscles of my back, it is more like the pain comes from inside my abdomen, like my kidney area maybe or possibly large intestine. The pain comes and goes throughout the day. The pain is about a 2 on a scale of 1-10. There has been some recent medical history I should tell you about. First, I got a yeast infection and maybe a mild uti from sex about 9 days ago. It...
I am going to be annoying here, but the most important immune enhancer you can use is a healthy diet. Try to eliminate sugars(like pp said), highly processed foods, caffeine, alcohol. Eat lots of soups(made from real chicken beef or veggie stock), eat lots of veggies, some seasonal fruits, whole grains, organic dairy if possible, yogurt and other cultured foods, and enough protein for your bodies needs. If you do all that and still are getting sick, you could try...
Pangirl- I am sorry you are going through such a tough time. It is so hard. I think if anything the sleep deprivation made me fall asleep much easier when it was time to sleep. However, everyone is different. Maybe it is more depression related, or a hormonal imbalance keeping you up. Are you eating a healthy diet? Are you drinking coffee past 12 noon? Alcohol too can cause sleep problems all though it feels like it would help. I will often make myself milk ...
I began to feel like what I was experiencing was really dangerous for me and my dd's when I was in the midst of it all. I would make really poor decisions while driving, forget stuff all the time, feel very depressed, etc. The first couple times I slept through the night after it all, I felt total elation. It was that wonderful for me. I think it can become dangerous and detrimental to our health when sleep depriavtion goes on for too long. I think in past cultures...
Strawberry fields- Seperating them sounds good if they are messing around too much at bedtime, however, I can't be in two rooms at a time. The one whose room I am not in would for sure be messing around while I was with the other. My six year old has spurts of mature behavior, but a lot of the time, she is one who is giving me a hard t ime at bed time. I put them to bed because dh is gone 4-5 nights a week. Charts don't work too well for us either. I forget,...
Thanks for replies. I will try the calm music. They used to put themselves to bed, about a year and a half ago. Then my dh started sitting with them while they fell asleep because he was sad he didn't egt to see them much. Ever since then, they expect it from me too. I think I have a tendency to put them in their beds a little too early, they might not be completely tired yet. But sometimes it just seems like a power struggle. Even if they are tired, their has to be...