or Connect

Posts by Curious

I have dark hair and pale skin. My daughter has golden hair. Many many times I have been asked by some mystified looking person, "Where'd the hair come from?" Here eyes are like mine seems like there's some idea out there that a little girl should be a clone of her Mama. My answer: "She has a Dad."
I was poking through a bunch of queen anne's lace, looking for a perennial I planted last year, and I began pulling at some large thing I did not recognize. Then I realized Dh had moved the fence from where it was last year, and I has probably pulled out half the plant I was looking for. I have several long stems with root bits hanging off the ends. They are thick and pretty hearty looking. I have the pulled parts in a big jar of water in a shady spot on my porch....
Christmas 3 years ago, Dh brought me a little pine tree in a pot. It's done very well, growing taller than Dd. It's grown to completely cover a south window so Dh had the idea that to brighten our living room again, he could move it outside for the summer. We have a porch with eastern sun. It looked happy for a week or two, then I noticed some light green - brown tinging of the needles in several spots, including all the new top growth. I moved it to a shady spot. A few...
My Dd weaned awhile ago, but first she weaned from my right side. She preferred my left since early babyhood, really young. I had low supply and there was less milk on the left. But when I pumped, I saw that on the right side the milk sprayed in all directions, and on the left, it went back in a nice straight line. The only reason she took the right side was when she'd drain me dry on the left. Since I had low supply, I really had to push to get her on the right side,...
The girl who nursed a zillion times a day at two and told me I'd have to put up with her nursing when she was bigger than I am, weaned herself this January at 7-1/2. Last year she was still nursing morning, night, and at least once during the day. More if upset. I posted about it.
My story is here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1064361 Slowly over the past weeks to month or two, I noticed that Dd was not her usual enjoyable self. I figured it was some sort of half year thing, as she tends to have her rough spots at the half year points. I figured it would pass, but the waiting got long. I did my best to cope creatively with new negativism and defiance. The other day it dawned on me. When she stopped nursing, we lost the daily...
To answer the questions: Dd was 8lb7oz at birth, 99%ile I think. But I'm small boned and so is Dh even though he is tall. By the time she was a year old she had found her way down to where she was probably meant to be, much to the worry of the (ex) ped. Now she is about 43 pounds. All robust muscle. I expect she may be like me: I remember my older sister putting me on the scale regularly, worried that I was 47 pounds for several years. Our mother ignored her. Guess I...
After my first posts many years ago to MDC, about my low supply, how long would I be able to keep getting some milk into Dd, here I am to say that at 7-1/2, she decided she was done. Early in January she still nursed every night and sometimes during the day. At that time she announced that she was "thinking of stopping." She said she loved to nurse but it was getting to be time to stop. Over the next two weeks, she seemed to forget, but then said that she really...
happyhats: I've thickened Dr. Bronner's soap. I don't seem to use the stuff like others here. I had a large bottle with a handle and a narrow top purchased many years ago. Like 10. Before Dd was born (she's now 7), the cap broke and I've left it open since. I'm not sure how many years it took, but the stuff is thick. Consider it like fine wine - remove the cap and let it age. Eventually it'll be where you want. Mine is practically solid but in less time you...
Several plants are missing suddenly from Dd's garden. The others I'm not so sure when I last saw them in bloom but there are holes in her garden. Dd is upset that her stevia plant, which was 2 inches high at the start of the summer and had grown to almost two feet, disappeared since yesterday, and in it's place is a rather neat hole. Her new balloon flowers seem to have vanished. There is no sign of the plants anywhere. Who do you think did it? 1) The 4 year old son...