or Connect

Posts by Curious

John Prine: You're my Woman, and the singers changed part to You're my Man.
An immature coconut from a trip to the Bahamas. It's about 1 inch by 2-1/2 inches long, rolling around the bottom of my purse. It's Dd's "courtesy bottle." I'm supposed to sprinkle her with it's contents when she is feeling rude, in order to restore her courtesy.
When Dd was 16 months old we took her to a farm and she saw the piglets. For the next YEAR AND A HALF she was a piglet and needed to be addressed as such. After that she had a few stints as a cat, who would only eat from a bowl on the floor, but these would all last under a day. She is now a very well adjusted 6 year old girl, most of the time, unless she is one of a cast of admired adults, real or fictitious.
Awhile back Dh asked me to pack lunches for him to brighten his work days with our healthy food. For his birthday yesterday, we presented him with a set of placemat/napking which I sewed with some 'help' from Dd. I used quarters for quilting, turned over the edges. They are a bit irregular, very homemade looking. Dd claimed to love them and says they will be the talk of the lunchroom. He already gets teased about the lunches from home. Now he'll really get it.
My problem: My CIO SIL's second husband's daughter Thanksgiving is the second time I've met SIL's husband's daughter, mother of a 7 month old. From the little I talked to her, she sounds like a thoughtful, well meaning new mother who has put some research into her parenting. I noticed the formula container amidst her belongings. Baby played with other children, disappeared into the basement for a nap, and woke crying during dinner. Someone's awake, I called, since no...
Poor little guy sounds like he is just miserable, and anything and everything is just an outlet. I'm with those who suggest looking at physical causes, from food sensitivies, sugar, to television influence's on the brain, getting enough running around time, and enough sleep. I wouldn't get embroiled in discussions of particular upsets other than to acknowledge he is miserable. Because until you get to the source, you'll fix one problem and it will just be another. And hard...
I had planned to be moderate on this as Dd got bigger, but restrictive when she was too small to know. Then we had an encounter with a chocolate cake. Dd ate a sliver, and she was HORRIBLE for about 4 hours. She cried miserably and clung to me, feeling bad and unable to describe it, but wiggling like her skin hurt or itched or something. It was like she was jumping out of her skin. So after that I decided no sugar. One other encounter with a smaller amount left her...
Dd had a playmate awhile back who had barbie and bratz and some kind of barbie like fairy doll. Dd was more interested in the tiny accessories than the dolls. At the time, all she had was baby dolls but in case she decided she wanted some sort of adult female fashion doll, I made a mermaid doll from a Magic cabin kit. If she was full size she'd probably be a nice size 14 or so. You can buy them too, from Magic Cabin, but I enjoy making dolls and I put a lot of thought...
Dd abandoned her cloth diapers at age 2, but for some bedwetting decided she wants pullups like her friend. What can I use to convert my wonderful ecobaby cloth diapers and liners to a pullup? We used Bumpi wool covers, but these don't lend themselves to pullup. Suggestions for what I can use instead? Thanks
There is a vacant property near our house that had a huge old willow tree on it. Today the tree was cut down. The next door neighbor bought the property. I loved that tree. I felt happy every time I saw it. Sometimes I would just gaze. So many healthy trees near us are being taken down. What is it with people who have to have cleared off property? Why do they want to look at expanses of mulch instead of fields of violets? Don't they have any regard for nature,...