or Connect

Posts by Curious

Without getting into block vs stick, covered vs. uncovered, aside from the velvety thick colors, I LOVE these crayons - - because when Dd drew on my white couch in red crayon (and covered it with a pillow for weeks, I don't belive on purpose) - it came out completely with a spray of dilute Dr. Bronner's. I am told that mainstream brands would have been there forever.
I've read this whole thread and while Dd's light sleep these days has reduced me to mostly lurkdom, I'll come out to say that I have a hover story that is WAY more disgusting than anything on this thread.
I've never gotten to attend a nurse in - so disappointed. But now I got a sense of the experience. Thanks!
The other thing I noticed is those pimples on the backs of the arms...I had them young, they faded when I got older and used some dermatologist's cream, they came back when I was pregnant and never went away... Well Dd looked like she was starting to get them. I was really sad. Now mine are better and hers are about gone. When I was small, the family doctor said I had them because I was allergic to butter. We cut out butter but it never made a difference. Maybe he...
Dd is small, as was I. I still am. 3 weeks ago I was advised to stop gluten and dairy. Dd is vibrantly healthy but I took her along for the ride, since it may have a hereditary factor. A week later, both our dark eye circles were basically gone (mine still show a little, but they've been here forever). Literally overnight, Dd had a growth spurt of over an inch. Last night I thought she looked longer in bed, and today she was thrilled to discover she could wash her...
Maybe someone said this and I missed it, but here's what's really helped me: File the nails every day. Keep them short and smooth. Dd is 5, and before we go to homeschool group, I still check her nails. Little homeschool girls will tussle, and when there's a jagged nail in the mix, things are much harder. Same for babies. Good luck.
I did a macrobiotic pregnancy, which is almost the same except I had some wheat products and oat products in addition to the rice. My weight gain was 18 lb at 40 weeks, a full 20 at 41, when Dd was born. One of the midwives had been worried because she thought I was small. We don't know where Dd was excactly (I think my chest, because I could hardly breathe), but she was 8lb 7 oz. She looked like a two month old and when they put laid on my chest, she picked up her head...
How do you tea and hot chocolate drinkers sleep after that? I'd love to do that but I'd be in the bathroom all night!
Barbara Dewey, of http://www.waldorfwithoutwalls.com, is coming to SE MI to present on February 24-25. She will discuss several topics of interest to homeschooling families. This is the third year we will be hosting Barbara - she is very helpful. For information, please email homeschoolsupport@comcast.net
Barbara Dewey, of http://www.waldorfwithoutwalls.com, is coming to SE MI to present on February 24-25. She will discuss several topics of interest to homeschooling families. This is the third year we will be hosting Barbara - she is very helpful. For information, please email homeschoolsupport@comcast.net