or Connect

Posts by Curious

Dd's 5. I can't sleep unless she's in the bed BUT I can only fall asleep after she's fallen asleep. She's tried a few nights in her own bed (her dolls are there and her babies need Mama in bed with them), but so far she's made it a whole 5 minutes before she comes back to me. I think that primal instinct to relax only when you know where your little one is, remains.
Playing piano 3 years here, practicing as much as I can with Dd hanging on or not liking my attention elsewhere. I have small hands and my teacher has given me several pieces with full octave stretches, I call them yoga for fingers. My figers stretched a bit very quickly, like in one big click, and then slowly some more. Things that were once difficult are not anymore. My teacher does not feel things should be painful at any time. If you are having pain he says to...
That Front Yard Garden book was Dh's Christmas gift to me last year. WOW! I spent my winter dreaming out of the book. The big message I got as far as neighbors go, is to go slow. If you take out all the grass at once they panic, but if you do a little at a time, and they see what's happening is so beautiful, they go along. Many people wrote not just about their gardens, but dealing with their neighbors, in the book.
Dd and I were in the garden the fall before this past one (she was 4), and she asked about the seeds, and if babies come from seeds. I said sort of. There are little eggs in Mama sort of like seeds and somehow we got to the flower seeds need water and the baby seeds need sperm. So far she has not asked more. Dh was horrified when he heard Dd mention sperm. Couldn't you have told her the stork brings babies? he asked.
Maybe it's his soap. Whenever I found Irish Spring on sale, guys gathered like fruitflies to overripe bananas. That was a long time ago, though. Now I have Dh and I use more natural soaps...but I don't remember if I had used Irish Spring the day we met...
I am NOT crafty BUT I learned to make Waldorf dolls. The first one took me 7 months, the second one 7 weeks, and now I can do them in a few days, especially since I've now learned to use a sewing machine. My Dd loves them all. I have made over 10 of various sizes and styles. Of my best: She has 2 16 inch Magic Cabin Button babies and a heavy doll (Joy's kit), stuffed with millet to feel like a real 5 lb baby (she feels heavier). She adores them, plays with them all the...
Maybe these things just happen at home and not outside? Dd loves to fart at home because Dh taught her it's funny. BUT she never farts in public and recently informed us that she keeps it in when she is not at home. She saves her worst behaviors for the immediate family.
Go to a bookstore and look at Mantak Chia's various healing with Qi Gong books. It's a Chinese exercise that works on the same pathways as acupuncture. Look at his book the Healing Sounds, and see if anything appeals. Otherwise, look over his Cosmic Orbit exercise and do that. Maybe he has a website. A little goes a long way. Good luck.
Quote: Originally Posted by mammal_mama Actually, the main reason I head out of the bedroom if my toddler's very wakeful is because if dh has to be at work the next day, it's hard for him to get enough rest if she's playing in the room. The ideal situation for me PERSONALLY would be to continue lying in bed while dd played around in our room, but it would be very hard on my dh. We have that same situation, of Dh not being well prepared for a job...
Another big eater here. We're vegetarian but not vegan because of Dd's fat requirements. I use raw organic cheese and lots of nut butters for her. If you think organic fruit is expensive, try looking at organic raw cheese! I cook with organic ghee and she asks for globs of it on a spoon. There is no heart disease in my family and some in Dh's only in the overweight men. So I figure her body is telling her something and I give her the ghee on a spoon. Then it's maybe...