or Connect

Posts by ItsyBitsyBean

Lay flat on your back with your head on a thin pillow. Place a thick pills behind each arm. Nurse baby A on the left boob, with her belly on your left ribs and her diaper near your left waist/hip. Nurse baby B on the right boob, with her belly on your right ribs and her diaper near your right waist/hip. Put baby C in the middle, with her belly on your chest and her diaper near your belly button. Fall asleep like this. An hour later, rotate babies. Repeat. You can get...
I hear them stirring now. I intend to upload a video to YouTube on how Dad can breastdeed two babiesvat a time using mom's boobs while she sleeps on her back. Everyone wanted to help in the beginning, if they had how to do thus, it would have been great. Hint -- you need pillows behind mom's upper arms.
The babies are now 14 months old, all still nursing many times a day. They are happy to eat meals with us and to drink from a cup, but when they want NaNa, nothing else will do! I hope they will continue to nurse they are at least 2, better yet 3. ;-)
Well, they are four months old now (adjusted) and it's been months since anyone has needed a supplement. They get all their milk straight from the tap, and they're pretty good at it, too. We are using cloth diapers and every day when I wash a load of diapers, I count the poopy ones as badges of honor -- breastfed babies don't *have* to poop every single day, but if they do, it's a clear indication that they got more than enough milk. My smallest baby, baby M, gained 8...
And I eat like crazy -- that helps a lot. After nursing my first 4 kids for a total of 16 kid years, I thought I could make milk without having to eat a lot. Sure, a little bit of milk, no problem. But these babies take in a total of about a gallon a day -- I can't make that without eating at least 3000 calories a day and drinking 2 gallons of water a day. GF Cheesecake, snickers, chocolate milk, etc. If I feel hungry, I eat as much as I can (and yet am losing 2 pounds a...
It's nine weeks later and I have a moment to catch you all up. Your suggestions were awesome. I posted on Facebook that I was exhausted and needed help and more than 40 people over that 9 week period came, cooked, cleaned, rocked babies, read to the mediums, etc. All THREE babies had posterior tongue ties and all three got clipped 8 weeks ago. It took 2 weeks for them to relearn how to use their tongues and about that long for my milk supply to build I also used...
not much time to type pumoing now born july 31, 2010 -- 4 pounds, 4'11, 4'12 all healthy 33 weeks gestation 7 weeks old now all babies are now 5+ pounds, boy is 6.5 pounds NICU for 18 days, nursed all the time, thought they were doing well, bt no test weights in that nicu, so i didn't realize until after we were discharged that they actually are really weak nursers -- Baby M maybe gets 20-30 mL on a good session and normally more like 6-10 mL. She "should"...
I am a newly diagnosed celiac, and have 3 celiac kids. This is my first GF pregnancy. This is the FIRST pregnancy out of 5 that I do not have constant braxon hicks and swelling and generally feeling like crap -- except for the 2 occasions when I have had gluten -- I swelled up and had LOTS of contractions. Untreated Celiac disease can lead to recurrent pregnancy loss, among a long list of other problems. Gluten causes inflammation in the body, an autoimmune response --...
My BP was climbing, too, and spiking to 150/100 several times from weeks 11-15, until I realized 2 things -- I absolutely must get enough good sleep at night, napping and laying around are not substitutes for 6+ hours of uninterrupted sleep in a roww, plus 3-5 additional hours as needed. If my nose is stuffy and I can't sleep because of that, I take a benadryl. For me personally, I feel it is better to take benadryl than to have a stroke or premature birth. I swear, this...