or Connect

Posts by yara1

Sounds like an oxymoron, but I have a doubt... Usually midwives are trained to chop the foreskins...              Does anyone have any info on that?
You going to have a midwife, right? Does the husband realize that a midwife knows what to do in any particular case and bringing all nessecary assets as she comes to your house. (For example , I remember my midwife even brought gas balon, etc.) The only thing that is impossible to do at home is a c-section. But if its really needed - a woman can be transfered at proper time... (I might not aware of some details ... but that's what it seems to me ...)
I was watching about 10 minutes of it and than I could not watch any longer, because of my deep disappointment with Penn and Teller. They were portraying people who chose not to vax as ... stupid ... They were expressing tremendous amounts of some unreasonable anger. That's how it looked like... Also they were talking very negative about Dr. Andrew Walkefield... and(as its known) his story is not very simple - that he just "being discredited". As much as I was happy...
... Quote: PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 12, 2004 Health Advocacy in the Public Interest (HAPI) Contact: Dawn Winkler 970-641-7413 Vaccines Are Not Mercury Free After much public controversy surrounding the mercury content of childhood vaccinations, Health Advocacy in the Public Interest (HAPI) raised $500 to have four vaccines tested for heavy metal content. The vials were sent to Doctor's Data, an independent lab which...
Lately, I started going to spiritual classes and yoga meditation classes. It helped me. I did not even expect...
She never came to my house. I was going to all appointments. Too much of an "exeprienced professional", she was, I guess...
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaquitita I haven't decided what I want to do about the PKU test.When do they usually do it in hospitals? rather second day. I homebirthed, but prior to that was discussing possible hospital birth option with midwife. In New York we can not refuse PKU. I told midwife that its extremely important for me that a newborn will not be touched with needles, e.t.c. She told that I technically can skip PKU by doing very...
Many of my acquaintances think that my desire to avoid "wonders of modern medicine", portrays me as non-progressive, even somewhat limited person. Some of them just thought that I'm brave or so...
Oh, I see now, ladies... Was quite a surprise for me to hear that, because I was convinced, that for every woman - pushing stage is much harder (for me it was like a murder, comparing to contraction stage). I guess the epidural is not bad for many women. However first (and last) epidural gave me very uncomfortable complication, with ... urinating ... for many month after. If I had, lets say, another birth and it would be VERY painful, probably I would be...
Labour has two main parts: "contraction" part" and "pushing" part. Only the second one is really painful, but epidural is just not designed to releive the pain during the pushing part. So what's the use...? That's what I think... I gave birth twice- first time with epidural, second time without it, and amount of pain - overall - was the same...