or Connect

Posts by A2JC4life

Thanks! This thread is moving so fast I can't keep up. ;)   I am certainly willing to be open-minded, but when all of a sudden one study/review seems to show results that are radically different from what we've seen before, I think it's prudent to ask why.  And when *any* studies are concerned, we have to make sure we're comparing apples to apples (as much as possible). Even if that doesn't change the results, it may change the practical ways those results are applied. ...
How horrible for people to say it was a good thing you miscarried!  Some people must seriously never think.  
With DEM's specifically?  Or are non-CNM's being assumed to be DEM's?  (Just wondering b/c often state-reported homebirths include unplanned unassisted births - like "back-alley crack babies" - and preterm deliveries, which would obviously be different from planned at-term homebirths.  I'm not saying this is one or the other, just wondering.) Those stats certainly don't match what we see in any of the other studies done in countries that have bothered to study the...
I think some degree of "color-blindness" is possible.  I remember my daughter getting a baby doll for Christmas when she was three, and beaming as she exclaimed, "Oh, look!  It's a baby with brown..." Here I'm thinking, "Oh, brother." But she finished her sentence with, "...eyes."  She literally never seemed to even notice that the whole baby was brown - just that her other dolls (up to that point) had blue eyes, and this baby had brown eyes.   But beyond that, I...
  Oh, my gosh.  I think this takes the cake.  Pretty sure this is the WORST thing I've ever heard of anyone saying to a pregnant woman.  I'd have been tempted to punch her FOR you if I'd been there.  (Except I would probably have been too stunned.)
To answer the literal original question, I would not set an arbitrary time limit on it. There are concrete things we would consider warning signs of problems - such as those someone mentioned earlier re: cord prolapse, excessive bleeding, etc. - but I wouldn't say that "I will labor at home for x hours at which point I would give up and go to the hospital."   With DD, did your water break before or after?  With my first baby, my water breaking was the first sign of...
  That's nuts!
Does anyone know of any studies regarding pregnancy tea (nettles, alfalfa, etc.) and blood iron levels?  I know that iron is one of the big reasons people drink pregnancy tea.  But I also know that plant-based iron is typically in a form not nearly as well-utilized by the body as animal food-based iron, so I'm wondering if anyone has studied the actual impact of the tea on iron levels in pregnant women.  (I guess I'm just curious whether we KNOW it makes a difference, or...
Thank you!  That's very helpful. :)  
  I agree.