or Connect

Posts by MissMorgan

Awww Relaxing vibes being sent your way!
Leela was born on Sunday! The long and short of it: water broke at 3:30 am, after 3 and half hours of back labor we were at 10 and ready to push! After about 15 minutes of pushing her heartrate dropped to 40 for over 60 seconds - she was born via emergency c-section! Daddy got to be with her while I recovered from general and she's been nursing almost nonstop since she was put in my arms. She's a pro! I'm doing great and could not be happier about any of the experience. We...
I have the newest edition of the LLL book and it says - No worries if you can't express any colostrum before the baby is born! It doesn't mean anything. And it also says that you will go into labor on the day you have stuff to do after you've given up on ever going into labor! (No, thats just what I say actually!)
My due date according to an early dating ultrasound is TODAY - baby's daddy's birthday is also today! While that would be fun, I just don't feel like anything is really going to happen. I had my membranes stripped yesterday morning.. meh. SO I won't try to beat any of you that deserve it far more than I do at this point but hey would you guys mind popping those kids on out already so the rest of us can?! hehehe!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by lunarlady ...That happened with DD1, and my hubby jokes that she is the biggest BM I ever had since all through labor I kept moaning "I have to poop so bad!" He and the midwife kept saying "it's not a poop, it's a baby!" I swear labor with DD was like the worst constipation of my life combined with the worse menstrual cramps of my life. Hard to believe I'm so sick of being preggers that I'm actually looking forward to that...
I'm very emotional! I have felt like I am on the verge of tears at all moments today. I am also worrying about a lot of things - such as getting stuff ready for my DPs birthday this Friday (my due date!) I also have an irrational fear that I will go into labor and he will be at a show where he can't hear his phone and he'll have the car and I will be stuck finding someone else to take me to the hospital and he'll miss everything. And I'm afraid of being a mom, being able...
Oh man, so this will sound a bit silly of me but I haven't even thought about what the heck I'm going to need for *ME* after the baby comes! I don't even have any nursing bras or anything. This is crazy last minute but does anyone have any recommendations for things that I just MUST have for the first week or two postpartum? Anything I can send my partner out to get would be great too (I just don't feel much like doing ANYTHING right now.)
Ended up going to L&D yesterday over kick counts/lethargic baby. Apparently, I just can't feel her moving anymore though she is. Did a 40 minute strip and she was totally active and had a healthy heart rate. I was having some little contractions through the whole thing and then a few bigger ones... But anyway the hospital was awesome as usual. So quiet and peaceful up in the L&D and the nurse was awesome. DP was able to get good wifi on his iPad while we were there and we...
The baby has slowed down a lot the last day or so. Today it is really freaking me out. Top her slow moving with reading things I really shouldn't (not googling stuff but reading tragic birth stories that ended in still-birth [not purposely searching them out btw]) and I've been a mess. I've also gotten a huge grip on myself as far as complaining goes. I'd go through all of the pain and a far far worse pregnancy for this baby- I just want her to be here and be healthy. So...
Pregnancy has made me sometimes have these days where EVERYTHING sucks. The house size (its a super TINY one bedroom), the mess, the amount of stuff we have crammed in here, the chances of us moving any time soon, the HORRIFYING fact that we don't have a bathtub (I am 100% a bath person and would have taken 3 a day while pregnant if we had one... i'm still sad about it and can't wait to go into labor just to use the jacuzzi at the hospital! I barely even fit in the shower...