or Connect

Posts by maptome

What about a netbook for around $200?  I don't believe they come with DVD players, generally, but it seems like you would get more use out of it than a dvd player.
I have a 2.5 year old, so....$0.  My mom will give her a toy kitchen, and MIL will bring her tons of junk.  We also didn't get her anything for her birthday.  We do buy her stuff throughout the year as it becomes developmentally appropriate.  I don't believe in making holidays special by giving her lots of things.  But, she's only 2.  We'll see what happens as she grows up and starts wanting things, or having an awareness of what other kids are doing...   Oh, and I'm...
Snuggling with my 2 year old.  Talking to her about baby sister coming.  Watching birth videos with her.  Watching her feel my belly as baby moves.   Touching baby's things.  Prewashing her clothes and diapers.  Spending time with DH getting the house clean and ready for the holidays and baby.   Drinking lots of decaf coffee.  Wearing sweatpants out in public!  Watching other moms with their little newborns.   Thanks for this thread.  It's so easy to get lost...
Have you tried wearing him on your back while you do chores?  It may not give you much of a break physically, but mentally and emotionally, you wouldn't have to deal with him pulling and grabbing for you. If he tolerates that sort of thing....
I've gotten them starting about second trimester with both of my pregnancies.  First, I went to 42 weeks.  Midwife says they are perfectly safe and get more intense with each pregnancy.  I had them about every 5-10 minutes yesterday, no big deal.  Also, I've noticed the the red raspberry leaf tea does make them much stronger.  I would guess, that you are just feeling them more as this is your third pregnancy.
Anyone else starting to worry about macrosomia unrelated to cow milk (I'm lactose intolerant)?  I'm 36 weeks and already +33 lbs, and still gaining.  Last baby, I gained 40 lbs, and she was 9lbs 6oz.  I gained up through 42 weeks, which my midwife says is unusual.   I'm not convinced that my weight gain caused her high birth weight, considering my husband was born at 11 lbs.   Up until this point, I haven't really cared about the weight gain because previously, I...
My DD (2.5) was impossible to coax into sleep.  She never consistently got as little nighttime sleep as your DS, maybe closer to 9 hours, and then a 45 min nap, if that. We cosleep, she nursed until about 2y2mo when I weaned because of pregnancy.  Weaning made everything get worse for about a month.  And then one day, she just snapped and started sleeping like a normal person for no discernible reason.  Like, she wants to sleep when she's tired! And if she gets up early,...
Yes!  huge huge huge appetite.  I don't realize how much I'm eating until I'm with friends and not eating, and then starving when I leave them.  33 weeks and up 30 pounds.  I don't think it's HUGE weight gain, but it probably higher than it's "supposed to be."
Yes! I just try to take DD (2.5 years) out for several hours every day to play with friends, so I don't have to be alone with her.  I'm completely irrationally grumpy with her.  Her cute little voice is driving me crazy, and I want to tell her to "shut up!"  I think I'm doing a good job of not acting out, and she seems unaware of my grumpiness.  I do have the same thoughts, though.  Only suggestion I can give is to find activities so you can get a break from her.  Try to...
My insomnia has come back.  I was rid of it for about 4 weeks second trimester.  I'm attributing it to hormones because my nausea has come back as well.  I surrender to hormones.  I can lie in bed for 2 hours and then fall asleep, but I'm awake around 2-4.  Also, I'm going to bed with DD at 10, and she doesn't wake until 8, so I feel like I have plenty of time to get adequate sleep.