or Connect

Posts by maptome

ETA: perhaps this makes more sense under general Breastfeeding category.   I'm not sure where to post to ask for help as my issue has to do with pregnancy, toddlerhood, nightime parenting, and breastfeeding.  The breastfeeding history seems to be a major factor in what's going on.   I'm 5 months pregnant.  Prior to getting pregnant, DD was nursing down for naps and bedtime and back to sleep, maybe every 1-3 hours at night.  My milk dried up fairly quickly,...
DD is almost 26 months, and she really likes puzzles.  She likes the wooden 12 piece melissa and doug puzzles.  They're wooden, so the pieces stay together better than the cardboard puzzles.  She also really likes wooden train tracks.  They are kind of puzzle-like.
This is hilarious.  Exactly what my DD does at 26 months.  You can see she just pretty much makes a single scribble that touches all of the subjects on the coloring page and then wants another sheet.  As for scribbling on blank paper, chalkboard, or wipe board, she makes vertical and horizontal lines, circles and spirals, and sometimes just random squiggles which she assigns a subject.  i.e. "that's a banana. nom nom nom."  "that's a happy face" "that's a turtle"  In...
I totally agree with P.J.   If you really want to teach him how to turn pages at the right time, why don't you start with board books that have less text, and say, "turn the page" when it's time.  And progressively find books with longer and longer text on each page? When my DD wants to flip through pages too fast, I either just read fast, read what I can, make up my own words, or say jibberish really fast as a game.   Again, though, I agree with P.J. Just don't...
Ha! I've had the same thought.  About the same story as you.  Labored at home for a really long time, arrived at birthing center at 6 cm, 6 hours later started transition, except I was in transition for 4 hours! and pushing for 2.  So, yeah. I'm scared, but gonna do it again because I think it's the best thing for baby.  But I do question it when I hear my friends talking about their epidurals.   I have a friend who had a baby two weeks ago.  She decided to induce at...
We plan on moving, but I planted mine anyway.  It's our home for now, and the place where DD was born, so makes sense to me.
I've been cosleeping and waking every few hours for about 2 years.  Melatonin before bed was helping me with insomnia, but my midwife told me not to take it during pregnancy.  I have the same kind of insomnia, not a problem falling asleep, but I have a problem when I wake up.  I still get up frequently, but only about one of those times do I stay awake.  I find it really helps to take a Valerian when I realize that I'm not going to fall asleep naturally.  My midwife says...
I accidentally agitated my yogurt in the middle of incubation, and now that it's finished incubating, it has not set properly. It's like a bunch of tiny curds floating around in whey.  I don't know if this is from the agitation or from not a not having a great starting culture.  What do you think?  If it's from agitation, is there any salvaging the yogurt? TIA
I've already asked my midwife about the holidays.  Our family is about 3 hours away by car, and she says, technically it should be okay.  I'm due Jan 9.  She made a good point though, that traveling that late in pregnancy will be really uncomfortable.  Thus far, our plans are to go visit family earliy, do the whole Christmas thing, and then come home on the 26th or 27th.  Our first daughter was 14 days past due, so, I think my chances of going into labor 2 weeks early...
i vote girl, also.