or Connect

Posts by momofboys2

I liked it the other way better, too.  I wish this forum hadn't changed at all.  It was good like it was.
Thank you so much for this information.  I didn't understand these details.  My son will be Ok-yeah.
Hi Everyone,   I'm not new, I've been on this site for quite a few years whenever I had questions about something and found it invaluable for helping me with information I needed.  But I've found this site so changed, I have a question to ask about it:  Is there any place where we can voice our opinions on the new look?  Vaccinations, which is what I was looking for today because of the new vax bill in CA, is impossible to find!  I think it should still be separated, not...
My son will graduate from high school in just a few months, June 2014.  He has all the required shots they wanted in the past except the whooping cough.  That's the only waver on file, but it IS a waver.  Does he still need this new form though he's almost out of high school?   Also, there's nothing at all on the school's website about this.  Does that mean anything?  If they're not telling me about this new form, does it mean he won't need it?  It would be awfully late...
Oh!  I had no idea of that about raw cheese-not being raw (heated milk--wow, that blows things totally out of the water).    Yes, I do follow Mercola, in fact.  But raw cheese has been higher in my thinking level, ruling out other options.  Thank you for your thoughts, that cheese still is healthy.  (if it's organic, I mean as far as I'm concerned I'd be getting organic.)  I'd need to heat the cheese anyway, even if I could get it from a local farmer, because my son...
I would like to know if organic cheese which isn't raw, still has health value?   Does it still have vitamins and calcium, etc, even if it's not raw cheese?  My son't been begging for food with cheese, but since I found out about raw vs regular cheese I've been reluctant.  Now I'm wondering if there's still health value in it?  I'm thinking of cheddar and mozzarella cheese, but I would also like to know if cottage cheese has any health value in it too.  I don't know...
In answer to your cracker question, cooking it longer makes it have more of a cracker consistency, thinner & harder.  You could spread cheese on top of like that better, I'd think.
I don't know, but it's so simple to make this way, it's worth a try.
It's easily transportable, yes, but eventually it will become dried out and hard, although I can't tell you how quickly.  I do know that I packed it for my son as something to eat and it was dry and hard after a day or two of being stored.  I don't know how many hours in one day it would take to dry out.  I just know that the next day it was dried out when my son took it on that trip, so I didn't try ending it again.  I usually eat it within a few hours of making it.
I eat millet for breakfast/brunch.  I put 1/2 cup in the blender with 1/2 cup water and blend it.  Then I pour it in the pan and cook it for 25 minutes on 350. (depending on how hot/fast your oven cooks).  It comes out flat, maybe 1/4 inch in a square pan, so it's not a lot, but you could increase the quantity if you wanted.  If it was thicker you might have to cook it longer, but I don't know.  (I did make more for the kids -double, I think, put it in a larger pan and...