or Connect

Posts by SomethingAnonymous

No need to apologize, that's so awesome they are really helping you. I will have to look into them, thanks :)    I cleaned up today, it definitely takes way less time than it used to years ago, so things are getting better. When things are put away it looks so empty in here. When the kids empty every bin and container they have and dump it onto the 5x5' play space they have... it's a nightmare. We have 990sq ft or so according to the floor plans.. but we don't use...
We have about the same space. We've also gone down to 2 bath towels each, 1 plate each, etc. What books have you read?  
I'm glad you wrote this. I too have felt like my baby is a stranger  
Well hopefully no one minds if I just keep talking to myself here.. lol. The bed left yesterday but I still don't feel less crowded. If everything is put away, the house looks very decluttered and pretty good by most people's standards. It's just that if several chairs get moved, a vacuum is left out, and a bunch of toys on the floor- it's a small enough space that just a few things out of place literally will turn a normally clear and open living room into an obstacle...
I feel exactly the same way.. I wish we had nothing with small pieces but they like that stuff. I have tried to say to them that we need to only have one thing out at a time. It's hard to stay on top of. My 6 year old just forgets all the time, and my 3 year old isn't really understanding what I'm saying.   I've been able to get a couple small bags of clothing out of the house, things the kids have grown out of. I'm still doing a ton of laundry, like 3 loads a day?...
Still feeling incredibly overwhelmed with stuff. Too much of my life is picking things up from the floor, putting them away, cleaning them, etc etc. It's too much. I can't manage this much on my own.
Well seeing a family in great need helped me think about what we really needed. They had to escape a domestic violence situation and because they had to leave very quickly and secretly, basically only were able to take the clothes on their backs. They need beds, so I realized I felt selfish having an extra twin bed here that's just like a guest bed that we never use. So that's leaving soon and an end table for them. Hopefully getting some big things like that out will...
twin bed end table 3 hangers ice pack 41 kids clothes 3 diapers 1 wool cover 7 old pillow cases and sheets pillow 2 bags for storing comforters baby blanket plant plant pot 2 spray bottles rag exacto knife 5 toys 2 of my clothes -dinosaur puzzle -superhero puzzle -toy truck -2 toy planes -pillow case, flat and fitted sheet -5 pair underwear -water bottle -1 ice  pack -2 costumes   we own 899 less things than we did...
Update: baby was born and he was 7 lbs 10 oz at birth. By 2 weeks he is now 9 pounds and growing out of the newborn onesies and shirts. I am finding that he spits up so so much that we haven't gotten him dressed much, just wrapped in a blanket most of the time. It's been in the 60s-80s still during the day so he's warm enough, but I notice he sleeps more when I dress him, it might feel a lot more safe and secure to him? It's getting cold at night, and the sleepers we...
I'm stuck. I just had my 3rd baby. There is too much stuff here, it feels crowded just like 3 years ago when my last baby was born. I know there is too much furniture and big items here for how much space we have, but I have no idea what I could get rid of. Or when I look at my kids clothes, I want to have 1 week of clothes per person, per season- but I'll look at my son's 12 pairs of pants and have no idea which 5 or 6 should go. What do I do? Any ideas for new...