or Connect

Posts by SomethingAnonymous

You can also get the magnetic ones and put them on a metal tray and hang that on the wall  
I can't wait for my baby to be born because then I get to declutter my whole maternity wardrobe and if the baby is a boy, a huge tub of girl's clothes! I'm sure we'll find many things don't fit the baby as well. Plus the newborn stuff only has be to here about 1 month. I just can't wait to have less stuff here :)   my list so I remember what I can declutter:   - extra towels that are only here for the birth - all maternity clothes - birth kit stuff -...
quart sized bag of crayons pajamas 2 board games 2 pair sunglasses 14 pairs socks shoes 8 shirts belt 18 toys tutu 2 blankets 11 books jar candle camera box pillow 3 bathroom things big collection of origami paper 3 dozen cloth wipes - counts as 3 9 things from car emergency kit 13 toy trains + 1 track closet organizer 7 kids clothes step ladder -5 pair nursing pads -15 toys (someone had a birthday :/ ) -2 plastic...
36 months with 1 child so far :)  
I met our other local midwife, she doesn't feel comfortable being a doula at a UC, neither do any of the other doulas in the area. However I did really like her. If we want her to be there, we have to cross the border and stay in a bed and breakfast. I've talked to several b&b owners and they are all open to having a birth there. I really liked a couple of them, it's not our home, but it's better than a hospital.   So it looks like I have to have a plan A, B, C, etc....
Update:  We had the second hearing test in February, and he could hear great in one ear! We have no idea what changed. They said maybe his face developed more and allowed fluid to drain. We still have no evidence there ever was fluid for sure, but it could have been uninfected fluid in his middle ear. They checked the ear he couldn;t hear in, and said they saw ear wax in there, that wasn't there before.   So we took him to the pediatrician and had that cleaned out....
  I was going to say this same thing about Washington - I honestly can't speak about the job market, but I have lived in both Western and Eastern Washington the majority of my life and cannot imagine any major discrimination.  So I do think some areas of the country must be better. I think washington has a lot of diversity and a lot of open minded people. My partner is Asian and we've literally only heard one weird comment, and it was actually across the border in Idaho...
Never too late to join :) I've seen several people take way less than a year to get to 2012 things. Plus it's not about getting 2012 out of your house, it's more about using that as goal to stay motivated and just make progress on your home :)
You can donate or maybe find a consignment shop if its in decent condition. For us , what works for a baby is:   our bed, a  waterproof mattress cover has really saved our mattress many times   car seat   baby carrier, we have a wrap style one for when they are tiny and the ergo for later, but the ergo could be used for newborns too if you have the infant insert   clothes - I've decided a week's worth of clothing in each size/season is plenty.  When my...
book reusable lunch bag necklace pin bowl muffin tin pack of construction paper used up journal used up and recycled laser pointer 2 bathroom things 2 shirts toy bat 2 airsoft things 4 kids clothes 3 pair shoes wooden spoon hair thing pencil sharpener rope calculator 2 pair ballet slippers sweat pants -12 toys -1 pair shoes -7 kids clothes -1 pair of underwear -hat -shirt -goggles   we own 657 less things than...