or Connect

Posts by SomethingAnonymous

I'm in the U.S. It's a polio only vaccine here.  
if anyone can tell me anything, I would really appreciate it. I think I am reacting way more emotionally to this than normal because I am 33 wks pregnant. I just really need some support or reassurance.  
My daughter had the vaccine yesterday (Polio), it was at about 2pm yesterday. Last night her arm was sore, then she said her leg was sore. Then sometime in the middle of the night she developed a fever- I just took her temp and it's 102. She's 5 years old. She felt pretty sick and sore with her last vaccine too, which was varicella. I'm just wondering if this is a normal reaction to the viruses or if I need to be worried. I wasn't expecting any reaction this time,...
thank you!   I guess the local midwife who I am meeting tomorrow can also be hired as a doula, and she can cross the border for that. So I am going to ask her if she is comfortable being a doula without a midwife. Also my chiropractor attends home births and he said he is completely comfortable coming with no midwife there. He's 100% supportive of UC. So that's one piece of good news. Now I just need to figure out how to get a birth pool if I am not hiring a midwife....
I would like to read about your birth- are you ok with PMing the link or something?  
yeah I am meeting the one that's 1.5 hours away, on July 5th. I have heard good things about her, so I hope it goes well. I hate that I am still trying to figure this out so close to the end. I'm 32wks now, I'll be 33wks by then.   With someone so far away, I can't really do the whole, "wait until I need someone to call them, if at all" plan. If I do need some assistance, it would be a long wait while she drives here.  
babymonster that's great to know, thanks for sharing :) I hope the same happens for me. And thanks everyone else too :)   I do think it won't be good to have this midwife there if she is stressing me out now. The problem is, we live in a small town on the border of Washington and Idaho- I'm in Washington. There are only 2 midwives here, both licensed in Idaho. One (the one that's stressing me out) is willing to ignore the rules and come to Washington anyway. She says...
about 3 years ago I was pregnant with my second baby and I was freaking out about having to go back to the hospital. my partner said, "why can't you  just stay home?" I said "what are you talking about?" he said "you can just stay here."  I said "what? do people do that?" I had seriously never heard about homebirth in my life. I started searching online and found the term unassisted birth somewhere, and when I searched for more information on that, this was one of the...
Sears/kenmore vacuums have always lasted forever for me. Plus they do pretty affordable repairs  
2 combs foot scrubber tire pressure gauge pump for air mattress 2 hangers 7 car cleaning things car game 5 balls pillow bean bag chair 7 toy cars stool gallon ziploc bag of chalk fan bowl 9 pieces of kids jewelry pencils iphone cover big plastic organizer 1 book 2 capes organizer box ball/tire pump vest 3 pair shorts turkey baster 2 cast iron pans 8 kids clothes 2 pair shoes plastic food container ice...