or Connect

Posts by SomethingAnonymous

MamaRuga, are you going to try to explain your partner to the midwife/midwives this time? Part of me feels like I should try to explain things to pretty much everyone who will be present at the birth, just so it hopefully goes more smoothly. Another part of me feels like I am doing something wrong by telling people that he has pretty much no capacity for emotional support or empathy or for even reading my body language or tone of voice. I think because he is very...
did any of you find that you needed to hire a doula or have someone else besides your partner there for the birth, because your partner didn't really understand how to be supportive during labor?   It is normally something I can cope with, the lack of empathy and emotional support. But whenever I am hurt or very sick or in labor/having contractions, it really stresses me out to have my partner just standing several feet away staring at me.  I try to give him specific...
about 1,000 sq feet - 3 bed, 2 bath   2 adults 3 kids - ages 6, 3 and a newborn soon     at the moment there is an extra bedroom, so it could be smaller but I think eventually the kids will need 2 rooms? Maybe not need, but it will probably be less crowded
This is my 3rd pregnancy, I'm 29 weeks and I planned a UC with the last. At about 50 hours into the labor, I was fully dilated and I could feel the babies head, I was having strong contractions close together, but after hours of that, I didn't feel the baby moving down at all. So I was concerned he was stuck somehow, I was exhausted and probably not thinking clearly, and we transferred to the hospital. Nothing ended up being wrong at all, so I regretted going. So this...
I agree with Jamie, if you really want to, just don't call her and tell her. When the baby is born, just call her and tell her it happened really fast and you just kinda went into your zone and didn't think about anything except birthing the baby.
Unless I am doing more crazy pregnant brain math- I just figured out, using my spreadsheet, that paying the 12% one off first, while making payments on the other one, will get us out of debt 2 months sooner and for about $128 less.  Which puts us out of debt completely around October 2013. Let's just hope nothing expensive comes up and we can keep that goal!
Hi, thank you both. You guys are right. I'm 29 wks pregnant today and the way it's affecting my math skills, my vocabulary, my memory is just crazy.   I realize the psychological reasons behind Dave Ramsey's method, but I don't think we need to pay extra interest for that motivation- paying it off sooner and for less money is plenty motivation for me :)
Hi, I know we don't want to follow the Dave Ramsey method because it wouldn't make sense for us. The smallest debts are not costing us the most in interest each month, so I want to pay off the higher interest debts first. My question is, which should I pay off- the highest percentage rate, or the debt with the highest interest charge each month?    debt #1:  $6,400 - 11.25% interest (about $74 in interest a month right now) debt #2:  $13,500 - 1% interest (about...
Originally Posted by Persephone    Oooh, I am leaning this way. You might like the book, "Unplugged Kitchen" very simple vegetarian recipes in there.     I just got the cookbook and it's great!  Thanks for mentioning it!
I think I am going to have to tell my mom again that we are out of room, that I have to give away some stuff because I am overrun with stuff and overwhelmed. It's starting to feel crowded again.  And I keep track of how much comes in and goes out because were were trying to see how many less possessions we have at the end of the year than we did at the beginning, and that total has been going down not up. My kids are getting old enough that things can't just disappear...