or Connect

Posts by mlsantarem

I am might be able to help you I am an american (usa) nurse-midwife living in Rio de Janeiro and I have a lot of contacts. I you can PM we can continue from there MLsantarem
I agree I went through this in a two preschools where my children went they only went for 4 hours a day..and not every day. It is just lazy in my view. We are not a TV free home we have it on the weekend and my children can use the computer during the week with some limits (which is not hudgely necessary). For me we were PAYING for this and one of the school was Montessori and the did some back peddling and supporting the use for educational reasons but they weren´t...
this thread was/is particularly facinating to me because my daughter is 11yo and is class 5 in a British School in Brazil and I am an american (usa) to complicate this even more. We have meeting with the teachers at the very beginning of the year talking about how the year will follow and subjects covered ect...the science teacher said that she would be teaching sex ed in the larger context of sexual reproduction that will include human reproduction. I was fine with...
Thank for the reinforcement. I spoke to the American School (USA) in rio de Janeiro and the reaffirmed my position also. Mlsantarem
This is the situation it is a bit convoluted so bear with me. We live in Rio de Janeiro Language Portugues and planning putting my daughter in the British school with my other two (dd 11, ds9)Anyhooooo My daughter turned 6 last month and has been going to this local preschool that is very laid back she just in Feb has been starting to have lesson that involve her to write. She writes a few words and reads a very little. She doesn´t read any English or reads any. We are...
Tutucrazy, I am not exactly sure what/who your looking for but I lived in Brasília for three years (2000-2003) and gave birth at home to my youngest. My older children went to a fabulous cooperative near the university. There was a great group of families there, it was a wonderful time for me and my family. Many of my friends have moved but I still have some contacts. I have fond memories of the organic feira on saturdays in Asa Norte, fun events at Jardim Botanico and...
Just want to share our experience. My daughter is 11 yo and she can just about ride a bike. Something she learned this year. She is competative horsebackrider, skates, a good swimmer and plays volley. I can´t see it be coordination or something physical. Her younger brother is completely independant on the bike. It just seems like we tried a bit and then we started living in a city where it is very dangerous to ride a bike (sort around the neighborhood) so I didn´t push...
My guy is in a little package also. He is 9 yo and I frankly don´t remember how tall he is but in the class he is the eldest and the smallest and is about the 7% in the charts. He does periodically go through phases when his feels sensitive about his size as did I unfortunately. Luckly, his dad was completely unphased by it which I believe because he (my son) is a great little soccer player (which is both of their passion) and also my husband (5 9-10) is not very tall but...
Gosh I just notice it actually is the same article that Chiro sent...well then it must be good
My daughter was very wistfull at this age and seem depressed...sad...frustrated....and confused about these feelings as I was frankly (her feelings that is). I found this article helpful. Even now with my 9 yo son he seems somes deperately sad and confused by these strong emotions but manifest it differently... http://waldorf2.intercast-media.com/..._old.html#more Good luck mlsantarem