or Connect

Posts by johanna84

Well, so far a condo still seems to be the way to go for our situation. There is a condo available that is across the street from the pool and fitness facility, in a very quiet, low traffic area. (Speed bumps throughout the subdivision). We did a walk through yesterday and the inside...definitely needs some cosmetic work. DH is not concerned, it's easily fixable. If we could get this condo for a price that takes into account the renovations needed, it looks very...
Those are some very good points--I will definitely keep those in mind. We've driven around in some communities, and a couple seemed somewhat kid friendly from the outside, so it seemed hopeful. HOA fees are definitely something for us to keep in mind. So far, they seem reasonable, but will need to see what is included. One of the biggest draws for us, is the fact that exterior upkeep is taken care of (as we understand it), as well as how new the places we've been...
I don't post here that much, so I'm not sure if this is a good place for this. DH and I recently moved to a new city, and we are currently renting. We signed a six month lease, which will be up at the end of January. We are in the position, if the price is right, to pay cash for a house/condo. (The move happened too fast for us to even consider buying when we moved). We've started to look a houses/condos and have been shocked at the difference in the housing market down...
Bump. Anyone?
My DH and I recently moved to Columbus, OH.  I'm starting the process of looking for some helathcare providers for our family.  Here's what I'm looking for:   1.) A family Dr., or a Dr. for me and DH and a good Ped for DD.  We just all went to a family doc, since NONE of the Peds where I moved from would take anyone who doesn't vax.  This Dr/s needs to be ok with the fact that we don't vax.  Also, openness to alternative medicine would be a plus.  Or perhaps practice...
We also dressed her up as Cindy Lou Who...
  my DD, as 'Waldo'
You know, I reread my post and realized that it does sound pretty darn risky to me, and I'm not a germ freak either.  The more I think about it, the more I would just absolutely kick myself if either my husband or me got sick right after having a baby.  I'll just hold out and make stock with my next chicken. I'm sure the baby's not going anywhere for another week or so!
So about a week and a half ago, I got clever and decided to try simmering a chicken for stock overnight to beat the heat wave we were having.  I put everything in the pot, and went to turn the burner on low.  The 'hot surface' light came on (or maybe it was the cooktop on light, I can't remember now) and I thought I was good to go.  I woke up the next morning and went to check on things.  I immediately noticed no distinct chicken stock smell, and instinctively put my...
After much reading/looking/agonizing, I've decided that sidecarring a mini crib to our bed in lieu of an arm's reach is the best way to go for our bed setup.  I am still confused though--will any mini crib that you can remove the fourth railing work, or does it specifically need to be a convertible type?  I've seen mini convertible cribs that convert to twin sized head boards, and then mini cribs that convert to toddler day beds as well.  I (maybe falsely) assumed when...