or Connect

Posts by 4Marmalade

Short answer, no, my dc's do not go to every birthday party they are invited to.  My oldest has a few close friends so he only goes to maybe 2-3/year but dd1 seems to get invited to every party.  I have no problem telling my kids no if it doesn't work out schedule wise.  Some times they choose to not attend just because they are not a really close friend.  If they aren't going, they usually sit down and make a birthday card for that person to thank them for the invite...
My b/g twins will be 5 years old in a couple of months.  Over the last 6 months there has been such a jump in their development.  As they both put it "we're not babies, we're big kids".  So true .
All 4 of our kids are on the main floor while we are on a different floor.  Dh and I moved to the main floor when ds1 was born 10 years ago and stayed there until our youngest ones were about 3 years.  At that age they were ready to transistion to their own bed (instead of cosleeping) so we moved back downstairs.  I did worry about the stairs if they needed us in the middle of the night but it's been 2 years now and there hasn't been an issue.  2-3 mornings a week we...
We currently have ds1 (10 years) and dd1 (almost 8) in their own rooms while ds2 and dd2 (almost 5) share a room.  Our plan all along has been to eventually have the girls share a room once the youngest ones need a bit more space from each other.  That time seems to have arrived.  They are having trouble sleeping together (they also share a bed) and ds2 seems to enjoy his own space.  The girls play well together.  The only thing that has held us back before is that dd1...
I have also heard about the 2% of house value calculation.  That is roughly what we do. 
I have boy/girl twins who will be 5 in June.  They have shared a room and bed since they moved out of our bed around age 2-2.5.  We've tossed around the idea of separating them but they do fairly well together and are pretty similar in sleep patterns.  With the number of bedrooms in our house we will always have two kids sharing a room.  Right now older ds and older dd have their own rooms.  I foresee the girls sharing a room at some point just because they are closer in...
Same here.
I have two in junior kindergarten (age 4.5) and they need at least 11 hours/night.  Preferably 12.  Dd can handle a little bit less than ds but not much.
Our 4 year olds are in bed and asleep between 6:30-7pm.  They are up for the day around 6am.  All of us (including two older children) are up and about in the mornings anywhere from 5:15 to 6:30am to get ready for work or school.  As much as I don`t always enjoy the early mornings they are necessary to get our day started off well and it gives dh and I an hour or two of time together at the end of the day (if we can convince oldest ds to have some quiet time before he...
My two turned 4 in June and they still sleep together .  They slept in our king size bed with us for the first 2.5 years and then we slowly them to sleeping on the double size bed in their room.