or Connect

Posts by 4Marmalade

Ours goes to under $100 every month.  I keep track of our expenses and know almost exactly what goes where each month.  I make sure to allocate all our "extra" money to paying off our line of credit debt.  In case of emergency we are able to transfer money instantly from our line of credit into our chequing account so we would rather pay off our debt and lower interest charges than keep money sitting in a bank account.
  I'm another one who's going to give this recipe a try.  Looks and sounds very yummy!   We have an early dinner tonight due to swimming lessons and I don't have a clue what I'm going to make.  I have a major toothache and am not hungry which makes it even more difficult.  Ds1 just asked "what's for dinner mom?"  Sigh....probably something easy like pancakes or french toast.   Other dinners this week will be chickpea burgers, a curry lentil, spinach dish and pasta with...
We do something very similar to LuckyMommaToo.  Ds1 and dd1 are currently the only ones getting an allowance.  And because we have such bad memories we dole it out once a month.  They get double their age a month.  Ds is 9 so he gets $18/month.  Ds is 6 so she gets $12/month.  I use an excel spreadsheet and they divide their monthly allowance between savings (schooling, car, etc..), charity and spending (day to day spending - candy, toys, etc...).  It is up to them how...
Ds (9 years) has piano lessons, swimming lessons and cross-country ski lessons. Dd (6.5 years) has swimming lessons and cross-country ski lessons. Ds and dd (3.5 years) have library storytime and swimming lessons.   All of the activities take place once a week on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays so essentially we still have 4 days/week with no scheduled activities other than school.  I imagine once the younger two start school and the older two find more...
Without getting into the carseat issues (because I cannot help much with that) I just wanted to make sure you knew the middle seats in the 06 Odyssey can be pushed together.  If you do that you can more easily access the seat in the third row on the passenger side and help your 4 year old buckle into their seat.  We have two 3 year olds in Nautilus's in the middle captains chairs, a 9 year old in a low back booster and a 6.5 year old in a high back booster in the third...
Thanks.  I didn't realize there were only combination seats out there.  We're leaning towards the Nautilus for the younger two.  We like it better than the Maestro, haven't come across the Argos (U.S. only maybe?) and the Britax is out of our price range.  Now I just need to find a place to order online in Canada as our two local stores did not have it available.   We do have the armrests on the turbo boosters screwed in .
We were involved in an accident just before Christmas when someone ran a stop sign and slammed into our vehicle.  Thankfully we were all OK but the vehicle will probably be a write off and I need to replace our carseats.   My older two are in highback Graco turbo boosters so it's easy for me to replace those.   My younger two are 3.5 years old and 35-38lbs.  They are both fairly tall.  They are (or were) ff in True Fits.  We are comfortable with them being ff. ...
Too funny!  I didn't even read the names of the posters who responded!  Thanks for sharing the link.  
Thanks.  I have both pumpkin and sunflower seeds so maybe I'll do a combination of them.  I know that peanuts are not technically nuts but he has reacted in the past to some mixed nuts that did not have peanuts.  Maybe they came into contact with peanuts?  That might be the case with a lot of nuts unless it specifically says "peanut-free".  I would just rather avoid it all together so I'm not worried while we're there.  The recipe I thought I might use is under an old...
I offered to bring a nut roast to my brother's for Christmas dinner.  I've made lots in the past but my nephew is allergic to peanuts so it's a nut-free house.  Do I just leave the nuts out or replace them with something else?  I searched for a nut-free recipe but haven't come up with one yet but if someone has one that would be great.