or Connect

Posts by 4Marmalade

I've been trying a little experiment lately with meal planning.  I've been planning 3-4 meals for the week and then the other 3 nights I've been digging through cupboards, freezer and pantry looking for stuff stashed in there that I've forgotten about or not sure what to do with it.  It's been helping me create simple, cheaper and from scratch meals.  I just came into the kitchen 10 minutes ago wondering what I was going to make for dinner tonight, wondering if I should...
We let our dc's pretty much decide what they're going to wear.  Like a previous poster, we check the weather regularly in the morning and yell out a forecast so the older two get a good idea of what they should be wearing.  My oldest ds can still wear shorts/t-shirts on cooler days but my dd will want to be warmer.  They have different body temperatures and tolerate the cold or heat differently.  They have always asked for more clothing if they need it or taken off...
  I just wanted to clarify that in my response I did say that I did still help with time management .  My ds's "homework" this weekend was to decorate his writing book cover.  He had all weekend but he still ended up doing it Sunday night.  Some days are better than others.  
  Well, I really only have time to workout from home with little kids running around so I've bought a small library (4-5) of DVD's.  Most are Jillian Michaels.  I bought one and felt like it was the perfect amount of a workout for me so I bought some more and I feel great once I stick to them for a while.  I also started the couch to 5K every other day.  I usually go for a brisk hour long walk but would like to run more.  Unfortunately, my knees don't always do so well...
I agree with the others.  My ds is in grade 4 and last year in grade 3 was our first experience with somewhat regular homework (2-3x a week and it would take him about 10 minutes).  My ds can be very easily distracted.  His homework can take him an hour if he's out in the common area getting distracted by his siblings so last year we made sure to arrange his bedroom to include a desk so he can work uninterrupted.  It made a huge difference.  Also making sure he wasn't...
I need to get back on track too.  School's back in and I have a little more time with only two little ones at home.  I'm also looking to be frugal as well as healthy.  Today was day one of getting back into working out .  I just find it so hard to find meals that all 6 of us enjoy together.  Not to mention making sure we have stuff for school lunches.  I have a few ideas for next week:   Oat and cashew burgers Summer chowder Lentil, wild rice and orzo...
My dd (6) gets this way in the evenings now that school is back in.  She is happy to be home at first, gets a little tired and mopey right before dinner, eats dinner and then gets wild right after dinner.    Unfortunately, it just seems to escalate until she ends up crying over a hurt, injustice, etc... and then she collapses into bed.  For her, I know it is because she is tired.  And I do put her to bed early - 6:30pm is not unusual.  She falls asleep right away and...
Funny this question should come up.  I was just at a library story time this morning with 3-4 year olds and the colouring from the children was really varied.  Even just between my two who are twins it was quite different.  They are just over 3 and while my dd has some sense that she should colour within the lines (she chooses different colours for different objects on the paper but is nowhere near keeping inside the lines) my ds just randomly scribbles all over the page...
Help me out here.  My twins are 3 years, 3 months old.  It was maybe 6 months ago we started potty learning and it went well.  We switched straight to underwear and they started peeing on the toilet fairly consistently.  No poop though.  I figured we would just continue with the underwear and it would come with time.  Two months later I was still dealing with poopy underwear multiple times a day so we went back to a diaper for daytime.  They were a bit upset about losing...
My almost 9 year old would love to sleep with us every night but for the most part we'll get him into his own bed.  My 6 year old would also love to sleep with us every night and she does come down 1-2 nights/week.  Our two 3 year olds come into our bed half way through the night as well so even though we do have a king size bed it's not really do-able to have everyone in there.  We do encourage the older two to sleep together if they need a bit of company one night.