or Connect

Posts by 4Marmalade

The summer is a kind of all over the place but generally the tv is on for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours each day.  Ds1 and dd1 each get to pick a 30 minute show and then ds2 and dd2 get to watch a 30 minute show.  Sometimes they all watch each others shows, sometimes they only watch the one show so it varies.  This happens in the morning.  Once in a while the tv goes off in the afternoon or sometimes ds1 will get to watch a show with dh or myself after the younger kids are in...
I like the idea in theory.  My kids are young (8 and under) so I know that opening a door to hang up a coat will be just one more step that might not get done.  Not to mention I can just picture my younger ones pushing the doors backwards, slamming them, etc... and breaking the hinges.  Maybe if they were older.....  
Yep, that's kind of what we're going for too.  Two differences:   1)  We don't plan on having a handle on the drawers (just a space to pull them open) because we think they might get in the way. 2)  The bottom area for boots/shoes will be right on the tile floor.  I just know that having to pick shoes up to put them away will be avoided and figure it will be easier to just kick shoes off into the open area.  I'm not necessarily going for pretty.  I will settle for...
We've just started work on our mudroom.  I have dreams of it being done before school starts but that's in 2 weeks!  We have 4 kids and coming in the front door was not working anymore.  The backdoor does come into a small mudroom but it was not organized at all and driving us crazy.  I should show you the "before" picture I took the other day before ripping down a wall and tearing up some tile.  That would at least be a guide as to what not to do .  I spent quite a few...
Wow, those are some big feet .  My ds will be 9 soon and he's in a size 3.5 or 4.  Dd is 6-1/2 and wears a size 13. 
My ds is 8 (will be 9 in Nov).  He makes his own breakfast (toast, cereal, eggs (microwave) or serves oatmeal from the crockpot).  He can make his own sandwich and can get other things like yogurt, cut up fruit, defrost frozen berries, etc...  He likes to help cook at the stove (pancakes, pasta, ....) but he's very cautious and always wants us beside him.  He makes most of his own school lunches with some minor supervision.   He gets himself ready for bed with pj's...
Once school starts again we will probably aim to get our two older children in bed a bit earlier each night.  They both wake up around 6-6:30am naturally so an early bedtime is pretty critical and we've let it slide once in a while over the summer.  Dd is 6 and will probably go to sleep around 6pm.  Last year when she only went to school part time she would come home exhausted so I imagine this year will be the same except she is going every day.  That would give her...
I just put my 3 year old twins back in diapers.  We switched to underwear a long time ago and both pee on the toilet with no problems at all.  I kept thinking they would just get the pooping on the toilet as long as they stayed in underwear but they never did.  It has been 2 months of me dealing with poopy underwear multiple times a day and I am just done with it.  Not to mention when we went on a week long camping trip and I wondered how we were going to deal with poopy...
My ds spent his kindergarten years playing with the girls.  He just seemed to relate to them better.  Now he's 8-1/2 and more often than not will gravitate towards some of the "calmer" boys.  He does still like talking to the girls though.  I really don't see any issue at all with the situation you describe.
I have a bit of an update in that my ds has now started peeing on the toilet.  Thank goodness!  He's just over 3 years old.  We went cold turkey with the diapers and he hasn't had an accident since the day he first went on the toilet.  His twin sister has been consistently peeing on the toilet for a couple of months now.  It's funny how the diaper bag went from being pretty light to being completely full once we went diaper free.  I have a couple of plastic bags, a big...