or Connect

Posts by 4Marmalade

My ds1 started piano lessons this past September.  He was almost 8 years old.  H e really took to it and enjoyed it so when he outgrew the small keyboard that we had we bought a full size digital piano.  We did purchase it as a family piano though and with 3 younger dc's we hope some of them also take lessons so it will get a lot of use.
I allow my 8.5 year old and almost 6 year old to play in the woods near our house.  We live in a rural area and are houses on all sides of us except the back yard.  We do have a rule that they need to be within sight of the house which is not too hard as the woods are not super dense.  My only real fear is getting lost but we've talked to them about what to do if that should happen.  Wildlife can be a concern but really a bear or fox or whatever is just as likely to go...
There were times where I would wear one baby and use a single stroller just for the fun of it and knowing that I was going someplace and doing something where I could do it easily.  But I also can't imagine not using a double stroller when we needed to.  Especially, when they are very young.  If the baby in the stroller starts crying and you need to switch babies around it would be very difficult if you didn't have another set of hands or someplace to put a baby down....
I'm trying really hard to focus on how well the NDP did and that Elizabeth May won her seat.  Trying even harder to not picture Harper's smug face this morning. 
I remember feeling similar but it was when they were a bit older (12+ months).  I almost always tandem nursed and did so until they were 2-1/2 years old so I got through it somehow.  I was usually OK for the first 10 minutes or so but then I remember getting this overwhelming feeling where I just wanted to push them off me.  It felt almost claustrophobic-like.  I felt very trapped because it is so hard to think about moving around much when you have babies/toddlers...
Dh and I actually really enjoyed the last episode.  We've been watching since season 1 and hadn't really been enjoying this season all that much.  But the last episode had us both laughing and I liked watching Michael hold it together a little.  The funniest part had to be him laughing after giving Oscar the "scarecrow".  OMG....we watched that over about 5 times and I'm laughing again just thinking about it. 
My youngest ds (almost 3 years) has very obvious lymph nodes in his neck. They are about the size of a pea, are soft and move around quite a bit.  You can sometimes see them from across the room if his head is turned a certain way.  We asked our family doctor and he asked us to monitor them for a few months.  We did and they didn't really change so we were referred to a pediatrician.  He checked ds over and we did some bloodwork and nothing showed up.  He also felt some...
My boy/girl twins are almost 3 and they sleep in the same bed.  My older dc's are boy/girl and they are 8-1/2 and almost 6 and they have sleepovers in each other's rooms all the time.  Doesn't phase me at all.  I am pretty confident they will all let us know what they want/need as they grow older and we'll deal with it then.    
We put my oldest ds in bed about 30-45 minutes earlier than he usually falls asleep and that's when he does his reading.  He rarely reads during the day but there are some nights we go up to his room to make sure his light is out and he's been reading for 90 minutes!  Sometimes, it's a lot of trial and error to see where his reading interest lies.  Right now he likes to read "easier" chapter books because he likes the idea of finishing the book in 1-2 sessions.  We still...
My ds is 8 and for as long as I can remember he has been intensely afraid of roots.  As in, roots from plants, trees, etc...  Hiking through the woods, if he comes across them he screams, cries and runs away.  Refuses to go anywhere near the garden if we're weeding.  A few days ago he was riding his bike at the side of the road (rural area) and he rode through some plants and ended up pulling one up along with it's roots, which then got caught in his back tire and he...