or Connect

Posts by MrsHin2002

I got an email from Dorel group this morning, and it looks like we need to ship them a signed form plus two pieces of the harness straps - so at least that shipping shouldn't cost too much. I was given code #s for 3 replacement seats, but can only find a match for one of them online. They are 22265 CA0Q, 22265 CBJC and 22265 CTRB (Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite 65). Maybe these are different colours of the same seat? I need to call them back on this (I don't think they...
Thanks for the replies. Yes - we could trade seats with my sister and use hers with her straps safely, and let her take the straps off ours. DS is 5.5 but only 38 lbs and I'm happy to keep him harnessed for a while longer, so we're not ready for booster mode yet. I don't know if the frayed strap is unsafe (only a small amount of the width of the strap is coming loose) but it's very hard to tighten/ loosen as this frayed part needs to travel through the clasp at the front....
We have a Safety 1st Apex 65 car seat that was manufactured in 2008 and is safe to use through 2014. It has a frayed strap under the seat - the one that you pull between the child's legs to tighten the harness. I called today to request a replacement strap - and they don't make this seat anymore (which I knew) and don't have a replacement strap to offer. So instead they're going to email me a list of replacement seats to send me, and we'll need to show proof that we've...
Sorry for the late reply! We have an '08 Santa Fe with a Safety 1st Apex 65 seat (I think that's what it's called?). DS is 5.5 and about 38 lbs. Still harnessed and seat is installed with LATCH. Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the replies. We have tried a couple styles of sippy cups with no luck. Haven't tried an open cup yet. Seems that when she realizes what's in the cup she has no interest and tosses it. The sitter has managed to get a tiny bit of cereal into her mixed with bm, but DD's not much of a cereal fan as she's been feeing herself (baby led weaning) all along. I did try a frozen banana/ bm smoothie at breakfast yesterday and she took a couple sips. Our sitter added some...
Here we are, at the 11.5 month mark, after having made a wonderful transition of me going back to work full-time on Oct 29th. She's doing so well - but went from a baby that took bm bottles on occasion from her Dad if I was out, to totally refusing at her sitter's. I've been pumping but these last few days if I'm not careful to rotate and add to the freezer, much is being wasted. Hard to stay motivated to pump when she won't drink it. I'm ok with reverse cycling in theory...
How can I find out the latch limits for my '08 Santa Fe? Our son is 5, 38 lbs and still harnessed. Never thought about a latch limit... Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
Hi All, In 5 weeks I'll be going back to work, after a year's maternity leave (thank you Canadian taxes!). My then 11 month old daughter will join her 5 year old brother at their sitter's place (DS there for before and after school only). DH works full-time as well. I'll be pumping, at least for the first few months. My transition to work with DS was very gradual. I worked 2 days/week for 2 months then went to 4 days per week for the rest of that year. This time I'm...
Thanks for the replies! A very good friend (who I trust implicitly) still has her Graco Safeseat and base that she bought new when her son was born a year after my older DS. She's going to dbl check the expiry but I'm guessing it's Dec/14 since ours is Dec/13. This will give us an extra base and seat that can be left in the sitter's van until DD outgrows it. We went shopping at Sears together for travel systems (she then had a m/c and didn't buy right away) so I'm 99% sure...
Help! DD is 9 months, weighing 20 lbs 4 oz (82%) and is average legnth/height (don't have that measurement). How can I try to predict when she will outgrow her Graco SafeSeat, which goes to 30 lbs/ 32"? We're going to need a seat for our sitter's van for mid-Oct and am trying to decide if another Graco base will last us long enough to be worthwhile or if we should move right to another (convertible?) seat for her at the sitter's. Thanks! Sent from my BlackBerry 9300...