or Connect

Posts by MrsHin2002

We have a Graco SafeSeat for my 5 month old DD, which goes to 30 lbs and 32" rear-facing. I have a bad back and pretty much need to stop carrying her in the seat unless my husband is around, to avoid re-injuring myself - she's a solid girl and it's not a light seat. She's average in length but above average in weight, so far. But I do find it convenient to pop the infant seat into our two Graco strollers and would miss that convenience especially when we arrive somewhere...
I hope this is a good place to post this question I have a 5 month old DD and a 4.75 year old DS, both home with me while I'm on maternity leave. I have a single jogging stroller which is great for walks in my area (with no sidewalks and gravel shoulders on the roads) and on the trails. I'm not a runner. I also have a Playtex Hip Hammock, which I got for $5 on kijiji and works well. I also have a bad back which has acted up recently quite a bit (starting physio...
I agree - sell it! If full size beds are less popular, then it won't necessarily make the complete set more appealing. And you don't need/ want it which is all that matters in my opinion. Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
I've also lucked out on some 2nd hand playmobil sets - some sellers have even saved the boxes and instructions! This will be the 2nd Christmas in a row with new-to-us Playmobil under the tree I get mine through kijiji (same idea as craigslist) - might be worth a try! Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
Hi everyone, Quick question: should I let my dr strip my membranes tomorrow (40w by their dates, 40w5d by mine) in an effort to avoid a c-section? I have a section booked for next Monday Nov 28th (41w by their dates) as I had a section for my son (due to facial/brow presentation) and where I am they won't induce with a previous section or let you go past 41w. I know not everyone is a fan of having membranes stripped (and it might not do anything), but if it possibly...
I just bought a brand new (in sealed box) Medela Harmony manual breastpump for $20 Cdn from kijiji, which sells for $65+tax at Toys R Us I was (and still am) pretty pleased with myself for this one. Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
Eirual, Thanks for your reply. We only need to replace 4-8 deck boards to make it usable (much cheaper than tearing it down). We have the wood but not the proper tools or skills. And some of the boards nearby might be damaged by pulling out a single one, so my DH decided not to try any more than what he did. We think it's close to needing to be replaced but are hoping to get 1-2 or more years by patching it up instead. With then 5 year old DS home for the spring/summer...
Here's a new wrinkle as of today... DH's company is changing their car policy - so instead of getting the car at no cost with only small deductions from his pay every two weeks ($65 or so), he'll get a car allowance of $300ish per month and $0.18/km driven. So we're going to need to get a 2nd car... Sounds like this is taking effect by August or so. I figure we'll have to seriously consider selling the santa fe and getting two older, cheaper cars in its place... Oh my....
Hi there, General question here. It seems like everything I'm reading about getting our finances in order (which we certainly need to do) includes budgeted money for savings each month, while aggressively paying down your debt and making sacrifices in as many areas you can. Am I the only one who starts out in this process questioning the money put into savings when you have considerable debt? Can someone give me their general idea of why this is so important (beyond an...
Just jumping in with a question here: DH and I are setting up a debt repayment plan (likely following a mix of advice from Dave Ramsey + Gail Vaz-Oxlade). Here's my question: If we know now that this Spring we need to do some repairs on our back deck (to make it usable - there are rotten boards that have broken through) does it make sense to a) budget 1/5th of the amount needed each month from Jan-May so we'll have the cash on hand (in savings) to get the job done once...