or Connect

Posts by MrsHin2002

Our vitamins and regular tylenol are in an upper kitchen cupboard. Our other medicines and supplies (when all put away) are stored in some clear plastic shoe box size bins with lids. I've sorted them into categories with labels (like kids, first aid, sunscreen, travel). These include other things aside from medicines and live on a shelf in our hall linen closet. I've read before that medicines shouldn't live in the bathroom because of the heat from the shower/tub, so we...
I'll join in!   1. too small polo shirt for DS (had 3 small holes in front -- was hard throwing it away) 2. FP Little People Noah's Ark set (sold) 3. 3-pc Winter/Christmas outfit (sold)   147 items to go!   Karen
Hi there, We have a fantastic 3 yr old son, who has far too many toys! I have bought a lot of them at consignment sales, and many of the others were gifts. We're hopefully going to have a sibling for him, but at this point the closest they would be is 4.5 years (without more losses). When I was pregnant and planning for them to be 3 yrs apart, it seemed easier to justify holding on to so many toys, but now that plan doesn't seem to make sense anymore, with the gap...
Thanks so much for your reply Jamie! This gives me hope to keep on trying Karen
Jamie, In early July you answered my question about us having another baby to give my son a sibling (and you said it would be in 2012). After just having another loss this week, I'm wondering now if you see more losses between now and this sibling, or if the next pregnancy will be the one? thanks Karen
So I'm writing to say goobdbye to the June 2011 DDC, after having a few days to process our news. Our 2nd ultrasound on Thurs at 8w5d showed no fetus. This confirmed what was suspected from the Tuesday before (at 7w3d), that this wasn't going to end with a Junebug as hoped. This is our 2nd missed miscarriage (in a row) and our 3rd loss overall. Still super grateful for our DS -- who makes everything ok in the end. I'm hoping to have a d&c either Monday or Friday next...
Thanks again for all of your responses. Unfortunately, ours is not a good outcome. Our 2nd ultrasound confirmed the worst -- no visible fetus. What we saw could only be good news if I was 5 weeks along and not 9. It turns out that what I saw last week during the us was the yolk sac -- not a fetus. I should get a call in the morning about an appt with the early losses clinic and am hoping to be able to get in for a d&c.
Hi All, Back for 2nd ultrasound this afternoon -- and I'm a mess this morning. Not feeling all that confident (see my earlier post in this thread). HCG levels on Tues were 18849 (8w4d), were 15000 at 7 weeks even. Please keep your fingers crossed that we see a heartbeat this afternoon! Karen
Back for a quick update. My second ultrasound is this afternoon (4.5 hrs away -- come on 3:00!). I'm nervous and freaking out a bit this morning. Cried a little bit, just nerves I think. I expect to know something definite this afternoon, but realize that it could still be a bit unclear (i.e. there's a heartbeat but is too small, getting larger but still no visible heartbeat, etc.). I've tried to go through all of the possibilities to prepare myself. I have my 2nd hcg...
Thanks for all of the great replies! Receiving each new update to this thread has been a boost to my mood and outlook. I thought of a few things to add to the story... 1. I wasn't charting for the summer (trying to reduce ttc stress) so when I say I'm sure of my dates it's only the date of my lmp that I'm sure of. The dr never asked about any other dates and at the time I didn't think of #2 to say. 2. I'm sure that I ovulated later than day 14, if I can be sure...