or Connect

Posts by cheryllynn

My 4 year old couldn't draw - just a big circle and a bunch of scribbling.  She is now 4 1/2 years old and still not able to draw.  What she can do:  draw a circle and lines.  What I see all of her other 19 classmates do:  draw stick figure people with body, head, arms, legs.  Some draw even more elaborately.  Some color completely in the lines of a picture with multiple colors.  She only scribbles in the area of the main picture on the page.  She has had an early...
Hi - I think based on the games that they have played they can break into groups.  There are 3- 4 teachers in the room with all 20, and 4 tables, so I can see where they could be in groups.  I just read the newsletter and they played a game that looked like an Easter egg hunt except trying to find plastic numbers around the classroom.  I like your variation though where kids can sing louder or softer.  Thanks!
Hi - My 4 1/2 year old DD started loving princesses over a year ago.  She has many of the dresses and we have many of the movies.  At first I was nervous as there are NO princess stories without some scary story line, but she seemed to not only not be scared, but wanted to know more about what was happening and who should be the princess' friend and who to stay away from.  She LOVES the music and we have a CD with several songs which she now sings each song, pretty much...
Hi - our preschool is looking for parent volunteers to come in and play games with the kids.  They have so far played 'Garbage' and 'Uno.'  I don't know either of those.   Any thoughts?  There are 20 children in the class.   Thank you!
HI - did any of you have your child do the pre-kindergarten screening?  Here in Minnesota, all 3 year olds can be screened.  At this screening, my DD scored 12 when 15 was minimum.  We were referred to other childhood screeners and just completed that process.  It was a much more in-depth process looking at 5 different areas and had two testers, two testing sessions that were one-on-one, and one observation session at her preschool.  We received the results that I have...
Hi - It's fall.  He is in day care.  He brought home a cough.  The cough lasted about 10 days and it turned into a full blown cold with double streams of snot and crusty eyes and wet cough.  His fever only reached 100.5.  Today he is doing better but the eye crud is quite amazing.  Seems I'm wiping his eyes more than his nose.  Tonight he is having a hard time settling down.  Daddy has been with him for almost two hours now.   What are your natural remedies to help...
Hi, my DS started walking at 11 months.  Now at 14 months he still toddles a great deal.  Every baby is different and sounds like yours is doing very well.  My sister didn't walk until 16 months and she is doing great!  It was a challenge for my mom though as baby brother showed up when baby sister was 15 months - she had two babies that didn't walk.  My mom shared that she had many comments about my sister's 'late' walking and they were quite hurtful.  Try to let those...
Hi - First, I give myself a time-out and leave the room, somewhere, anywhere else, like the basement or bathroom. Then I take long deep breaths to try to calm down, to get my adrenaline back down. If my hubby is here, I take a walk outside. Sometimes for that release, I can go to the bedroom and hit the pillows - I would not want my child to see this though as I am sure that would be very frightening for her. I come from family of yellers and I am trying to cut back...
Hi Kamiro - thank you for your insight. I can see where she would be missing adult conversation. My dd does like going over there. I do have concerns over safety though - there are a lot of children there now that school is over. She has two older children in addition to six other younger children and she has no help. My son is the youngest at 11 months. then the daycare mom's 2 yr old, two other 3 yr olds, my dd at 4 and another 4 yr old plus the 2 5 year olds done...
Hi - first thank you for providing this forum to help me vent. I have a 4 year old and 11 month old at a family day care provider. I am Ok with the care there - not overly enthusiastic, but not bad enough to move them. However, the day care mom seems to be a know-it-all and either constantly gives me unsolicited parenting advice or seems to turn our conversations around to her children. This morning I had it, although I couldn't articulate it at the time, I have been...