or Connect

Posts by Annemarie42

We used to live there, and the one who comes to mind is Suzanne Coble-- she is a family practioner who one of my friends uses. She adores her and I know she tends toward the crunchy--- not sure her specific ideas about vaccinations, but it would be worth asking her. She often has a wait for new patients so you might want to call. We used the pedi clinic at the hospital and I was always fine with them (we do vacc. on schedule, though, so I can't speak to that). At the...
We used to live in Keene and I know there is an active Waldorf community there. when we left they were working on creating a waldorf HS as well-- not sure what the current status is. http://www.monadnockwaldorfschool.org/ Keene had a great farmer's market and several CSAs. We used to be a part of Tracie's farm (http://www.traciesfarm.com/)-- great CSA. I'm not Unitarian but we had friends who were very involved in the church/ community there.
We used to hit that storytime every Saturday-- it was an all-ages one which worked well for us. I miss Keene a lot! It is a really nice community-- I hope you enjoy your visit.
I used to live there and we loved it. :) We spent a lot of time at the library-- it has a lovely children's room with toys and games, so that might be a way to spend a break. An outing to Stonewall Farm to visit the animals would probably also be a hit. Link to the farm: http://www.stonewallfarm.org/ . The farm is only a short drive from the main area of town. A cookie at Kristen's  (http://www.cateringbykristins.com/) which is downtown and my children would consider...
This time it really did feel like a beautiful thing-- painful, yes, but I was in a great place emotionally about the experience. With #1 I was basically induced and I have few happy memories of that labor. With #2 I had a really fast labor, and my main memory was a sort of panic-- I assumed it would be as slow as the first only at that level of high intensity. I had my son within 10 minutes of arriving at the hospital and I was kind of shocked. This time kind of felt...
This last time...as long as I could I kept to my normal routine, just stopping and breathing if I had a bad contraction.I helped my daughter make a diarama for school, amazingly :).  I ate a little soup and had my husband make me tea. When it intensified: I walked around my house in circles (it was a really chilly night, unfortunately), listened to music, got on my hands and knees, leaned over the couch, rocked in a rocking chair, squatted, prayed, and frequently...
Previous poster was thorough but I would also add the Challenger learning center to that list-- they have started doing more programs this year and may have some geared towards homeschoolers, I'm not sure. I am thinking of having my big kid (6 and 8) s do a day there during Feb. break and can report back if we do. I know the discovery museum has a number of programs too. I would also check out the U-Maine art museum, and the Audubon society  center at Field's pond (a 10...
My son received EI when we lived in NH and it was a very good experience, and detailed much better than I would by the PP. We worked with RISE for baby and family and had weekly visits to work on oral motor and speech skills (issues which developed around the time we started solids). We also had the SMS services the PP mentioned-- Denise Mitchell was the speech pathologist and she was great, as was the nutritionist, Marisa Smith. Very helpful and they also worked with...
If you PM me or Melly24 who is also an admin, we can friend you and add you to the group. I set it with the highest privacy settings I could so a link doesn't work. there may be another way to do it, but I don't know how. :)
the facebook group is set up, PM me and I will send along my FB account info so you can friend me and I can add you to the group. We should be adding another admin soon too now that it is set up and starting to have members.