or Connect

Posts by charmedgirlies

Name:Jenni Screen Name:Charmedgirlies Age:31 Other Children:Lexi 8 Jack 4 & Rory 2 Due Date:Nov 23 Where do you live:South Carolina A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc.married for 5+ to Steve who is in the USCG, still bfing patial co sleeping babywearing with Rory. Cloth diaper. Planning our 2nd up/uc
We are busy as ever here, Rory loves to go swimming with the big kids and 2.5yo Jack is swimming under water and holding his breath for short distances. as soon as Rory sees the pool he starts kicking his legs like a duck! We only have 2 weeks left after Steve's first post baby deployment and I think we are gonna make it we will see lexi is flying out tomorrow to go to her dads so meal time could get really tricky here! Rory rolls over front to back all the time and back...
my faves in the newborn stash were loved the sugarplumbaby fitteds they really lasted quite a while too. the FLAM because it fit sos great in the beginning on a chicken leg baby and later when he morphed into the stay puff marshmellow baby. LOVED the VK in the early days but really they only lasted about a week or so. preferred side snapping some days front on other days and couldn't have lived without soakers and longies!
ok not in your DDC BUT I have MVP have for years... It depends on my current health how I deal with it. I just had a planned UC at home didn't worry about it I've been really healthy for the past couple years. Because its in my charts (and for good reason) I sometimes just nod and say yes at the dentist when asked if i took my premed...I dont get into details because I usually will take immune boosting herbs/supplements around that time anyway (dental offices have LOTS of...
My toddler is still a really heavy wetter. I made him diapers using my regular pattern with a print outer 2 full body layer and 4 layer internal hemp soaker with a microfleece topped snap in and if its been really hot out and fluid intake has been high all day we may even add in an extra. We can usually wake up dry this way. But there have been nights I don't think the hoover dam could have held stuff back for him. He has been like that since he was really little but now...
i had to go to the chiro DAILY at 41-42 weeks to get the baby to NOT be posterior breech! 34 weeks is still fairly early and you still have plenty of time really! Good luck though! spend alot of time on your hands and knees too! Or try the swimming thing!
I actually had a few diapers that also came right to or covered the umbilical stump and honestly I didn't worry about it all that much. If they were too low he peed right out the top and all over the stump anyway and you can only point down with it working so much because those silly little baby erections reposition anyway! We didn't put anything on our stump and actually I think Rory's healed faster than any of the other kids had. we also found that even if the diaper...
I loved nursing Jack through this last pregnancy (ok there were times I didn't) however it has helped him alot I think by not feelign as though he was replaced by the new baby. I loved those last couple weeks of my pregnancy when we would wake up from a nap or in the morning and just lay there and nnurse and spend those few minutes with him still being the baby of the family no rushing to attend to anything just quiet and peaceful moments that I can look back very fondly...
Quote: Originally Posted by busybusymomma Umm, not sure I quite agree. It just seems to me that midwives are more likely to recognize transition for what it is (an often intense experience) than say, an L&D nurse who just offers drugs. JMO though. I agree with this in mymost recent birth I was laying on my bed and almost cried thinking to myself 'I can't do this without steve here this isn't fair' and almost before I was even done thinking...
My chiro was actually going to come to the house in labor post birth if I needed and to adjust the baby as well with a 3.5 hour labor only 20 minutes of which was anything I had to concentrate on breathing through I never called him HOWEVER i did think it would be very funny to show up for my appointment on time the next morning with the baby only 9 hours after I gave birth! The baby got adjusted my other 2 kids got adjusted I got adjusted. We are going back tomorrow for...